Potential bug or hack here.

Captured a clip via PS5 of a recent match where a player had a still, grey, T-posed, beheaded model that appeared immortal. The player seemed arrogant and aware about it too. Has anyone else in the community noticed this as well?

BTW, please don’t harass anyone in the clip, I’d much rather have the higher-ups handle it the way it should be handled. Thanks.

1 Like

I’ve noticed it too. It happened to a friend of mine and he didn’t mean too. I have also seen other people do it and be total smart asses so I don’t know if it’s preventable or they actually do to that to cheat.

It’s a known bug. I’ve even been a little “arrogant” with it myself when a Predator thinks he or she can wipe the team and then finds me unable to be killed. Funnily enough you can interact with the chopper rope and escape so basically assuming your team made it to the end ft can still pull a win. Basically after a string of Predators wiping the team and I get this bug I do take advantage of it. However it’s seemingly a rare. It certainly happens but it’s not like the bow or even the current audio bug.

I’m not sure how it’s caused but given my current circumstances I think it’s caused by a connection issue. Essentially FT loads in with a knife, whatever guns they have, perks and gear. So basically this bug causes the player to discard all items and since we don’t have a standing pose it probably just defaults to the t. If HG pulls from a server the connection is probably weak enough or can’t figure out what the player is supposed to be so it’s colors are blank and since heads are separate objects it removes them.

Crazy. I mean if it really is an unintentional bug then players should refrain from being smart-aces about it. It made me consider going to my Recent Players tab and Reporting him to Sony. Fortunately I decided to take the high-road and post it here.

I suppose the Developer will have to patch it up. I have patience, Illfonic. I like Predator too much to stop playing your game.

1 Like

I don’t see how one can cheat with this either. If it is caused by a faulty connection the player will more than likely become disconnected from the match after awhile (in my experience this is usually the case) and if not if they aren’t close to if not at exfil the game becomes unwinable. A self destruct would still end the game but would probably deny the kill.

This bug is called immortality bug and it occurs to both Fireteam and Predator when they don’t load in properly.

The Fireteam Soldier can still interact with the missions objectives and revive his teammates. But he can’t be killed by AI or the Predator.

The bug can be annoying when you play Predator but you either can decide to let him escape or let time run out to end the match.

Here is me as Pred getting the bug, because I didn’t load in properly: https://sta.sh/01whvnbqmpvi