Pred mains, do you find the branch leap system problematic?

well I dont agree and i think its a waste of time!!!
This thread is written by a stubborn little child

Good. Bye bye now.

Brow chill

My man @MassImpact124 is cool like Kool Aid man

1 Like

The trees in this game are a complete joke.
For each side cause a simple (invisible) brench can save the Pred from eating a grenade.

You would sound monumentally MORE smart by pointing out that all game mechanics in games are a joke . But since youā€™re here all day longā€¦might as well point it out right?

1 Like

Iā€™d like to see a mechanic that allows a pred to latch onto any part of the trunk. This could help with adding a degree of variation on height and also making it less predictable.

And you would sound much LESS of an ignorant if you stood quiet instead of writing nonsense, cause this thread is about brenches and not about mechanics in general.

1 Like

Leaping in general is badly implemented in this game.

Should have been like in AVP2010. If thereā€™s something in the path, you canā€™t leap.
Sometimes you even see the indicator where you are supposed to land and even though thereā€™s absolutely nothing in the way, you still donā€™t land there

1 Like

2 years into the initial release and you guys are NOW having this conversation? When did it finally hit you? Now this image makes sense.

If they are going to leave the leaping system as is, then at least they should add this sound everytime the pred hits his head on a branch.

3 Likes

More like people prefer an actual parkour system instead of this weird trees-as-traintracks railroad that you hop on and off.

Its clunky and bad NES game mechanics.
There are ps2 games with better movement options than walking around on rails with an arcing leap. For something modern, look how fluidly Ancestors Humankind Odyssey handles tree movement.

The badly implemented parkour limits the map layouts too since all the maps have to be the same interlinking 2-3 copy paste trees to compensate for the railroaded movement options.

2 Likes

Yeah its shit.

2 Likes

Now youā€™ve done it.

2 Likes

Great Finessology. We are going to get a year of Illfonic not doing a thing and working on a predkor tree rig system where you can dance and sing and pounce and do sumersaults because you demanded them redefine the way preds prance on the tree branches. THANKS!
While the great players claim you.
GET GUD!

Your elaboration on getting gud on the branches are welcome.

When you aim to get a leap location, tell me how long you plan to likeā€¦aim. Because you.know. there is a system for that. get gud and shut the front door.

Getting good can only get you so far on this game. You can aim directly at the branches to go right to them and the Predator still climbs the tree instead, you can hit all kinds of things while trying to leap away getting blocked, can get stuck over minor things, all things that can get you killed which you cannot control. There is not much to do when the game mechanics are poorly done and you lose due to that, this is a game designed so the Predator would lose after all.

2 Likes

OK, to make it clear. Are you saying this is something that 90% of the ps players experience 94% of the time or is this is a joke that happens to 50% of the time but are 5% just joking? be specific because i dont want to take a joke seriously, especially in this bullshit forum where bug reports are reported to walmart pharmacists.