Pred mains, do you find the branch leap system problematic?

I 've noticed that sometimes leaping from the ground directly on to a tree branch, becomes impossible for no good reason.
I feel that the algorithm behind this mechanic could be improved to make it easier for the game to realize that you want to jump directly onto a branch.

7 Likes

Also would love if the collision of random branches, turned into a clamber onto said branch you just smacked your head off of xD

Predkour needs to be more fluid, wayyyyy more responsive and maybe a tad bit faster than what we got right now.

Whenever you see a predator in the movies, it usually is able to just be seen by the FT, then right out of sight it goes.

8 Likes

Agree. It should be a bit easier to find the jump option when looking at branches. Also, he shouldn’t bump into them, he should just climb and move on.

3 Likes

Yeah I ve thought about this too. Would look cool as well!

2 Likes

Movement for the pred in general is hysterical

5 Likes

Yeah… gotta love the idea of a 2 meter tall alien, than can leap 10 meters vertically, getting stuck on twigs and small rocks while walking…

5 Likes

They need Spider-Man mechanics because in the first movie the Pred climb the trees like one lol Arnie was like 😳

BTW still waiting to use this bow in game, DONT TELL ME YOU DONT HAVE THE MECHANICS! PRED HAS THEM!

2 Likes

1 Like

Lol wtf 😬

1 Like

Oh look! The predator doesnt sound like a purring elephant that is tearing pieces of bark out of the tree while he is moving on it! He is actually stealthy! Who knew!

4 Likes

Yeah I had that gif loaded and ready to go from 2 hours ago when I actually searched for “spiderman acrobatics” to try to find some reference of how the pred could swing from a branch instead of randomly bumping into it.

2 Likes

Well he still clicks but a couple of decoys outta fix it lol 😁 ya even in the game concrete jungle he can to lol

Or when you throw a piece of gear 30 feet away from you and then leap straight up because the game thinks somethings blocking you

4 Likes

Meh. Faster than climbing up the trees to enter predkour

You re refering to jumping directly on to a branch from the ground? It sure is faster. I am asking if you feel that it is not always working as it is supposed to (pointing directly on a branch while standing at the right distance) and the leap indicator not appearing.

Ye that

1 Like

This thread is evidence that yo’ve been playing so much that you want a system within a asystem to micro manage dynamics that would ultimately mirror reallife for fundamentally not much value interms of gameplay. Kind of like how RDR2 takes wild life engagement way too far.

Next thing you know you’ll be asking for a pork farming system for fur trading other shit.

Oh wait, but ths is tree branches…my bad. lets add grapples, repels, backwards/upside down gymnastics to the tree system. Then predkour will be perferk.

1 Like

Predkour is one of the few advantages the predator has against the FT.

If its broken, then it sure is affecting the gameplay.
I ve found myself countless times, standing under a tree,
moving left and right making my cloak obvious to the FT,
trying to reposition myself, to make the game understand that I want to jump on a branch and make the damn leap indicator appear.

You poor soul and yet hundreds players seem to use it ok.

Apparently you havent noticed that everyone on this thread except you, agree that its broken.
But I ve seen the kind of bullshit you unload on every thread on these forums, so miss me with your childish remarks.