Pred mains speak up PLEASE

Healing while parrying is busted actually. It’s not a staggered heal it just keeps healing through damage so the amount of effective hp you get as a support is insane.

The rest is fine except spotting invis/through walls

hands off my spoon sir. thank you

2 Likes

Play from both sides dumb ass

Nobody likes a dumb ass.

Nobody likes a smart ass.

You know what, imma be over here, focusing on being a bad ass.

Seriously though, too many buffs to Predator (or nerfs to FT) would most likely have a serious affect on public queue play. Which I wager is were the majority of players are.

I am not saying it is perfect, hopefully Illphonic has those metrics and are aiming to balance for the majority.

It’s not unlimited as you say there is a cost if you fire a few full charged plasma bolts (which are super slow if you get hit by it that’s on you) it over charges and you have to wait at that point to do anything energy related. And come on slams stick your weapon in the ground pred is a sitting duck. And a net can be removed in seconds by another ft member

I’m just saying it’s gonna favor one side. Then an update will favor the other. And that’s what will happen over and over till the servers shut down

There is nothing negative about slam for Predator rn. You’re just complaining to complain. The game is pretty balanced

Dude I slammed in the middle of 4 players my combi stick had to be pulled outa the ground and for some reason twirled before I could move I lost half my health

1 Like

My dude, I’m a pred main and it pains me to say this but you shouldn’t be playing predator if your having so much trouble winning that you gotta cry on forums, I’m not in any way the best predator and I still get my wins in frequently. This game is well balanced and the only time the ft has a guaranteed win is if The predator messes up or if the ft is really good and plays together often

Predator damage and health is fine as is, fire team damage and health are fine as is. If anything I’d limit the ft from calling the chopper to no sooner than the last 4 min to give the predator some room to breathe.

Shooting them uncharged is damn near unlimited. Your argument is lost.

That’s the payoff for doing 360 damage in one leap. Plus don’t leap with your combistick bc that animation is longer than the rest

Yeah. I was really confused at what he was talking about. The game would almost be balanced if roof slam wasn’t a thing.

Dutch gun is strong sure. Reinforcements need to stay in the game too. As a predator main I don’t understand how people still want nerfs to fireteam. I don’t get shredded unless I go for a claim when I mistakenly lose the fireteam. I also don’t run in and melee. I hunt with bow and disc. If your playing a good fireteam and run in close, yea you are going to get shredded. You deserve it if that’s all you can do honestly. Predator has cloak and so many tools and a great leap. The one thing that should be removed is spotting or it’s needs a cool down so it isn’t spammed. Or whoever gets the spot is the only one who can see the red glow. Making everyone else having to actually try to spot themselves too . I recently started playing fireteam for the V, and almost every single predator just rushed in with melee. Not much skill to spam melee so as I got better at the melee we would shred them. It makes the game balanced and sometimes we still would get wiped but parry needs to stay where it’s at. Nerf spotting and let them have reinforcements but with only the gear they died with.

nah that just puts the balance further in favour of the FT

If your not cloaked it’s almost unlimited but there is no splash damage easy to dodge and you can see the predator

That’s fair, and bound to happen especially when new classes or gear is added.

I am saying let’s just hope that that is not the plan, and that the plan is to be as evenly balanced as possible.

Instead of intentionally swaying the balance monthly, in the direction of each DLC, in order to increase incentive for folks to buy every and every DLC.

The bulk of the players are FT. Ruin their experience and your queues will get bigger. You want a 15min pred queue for a 5 min game? And they will be 5 mins long if the pred gets stronger. You wanna nerf spots and take away reinforcements then you need to balance that. Spotting can hold off the zerker rushers by putting them off. You gonna nerf the zerkers to make up for nerfing spots?

I don’t play pred much now and don’t wipe many teams but it’s still fun and it’s a steep learning curve. The preds that play well are super dangerous even against a good FT.

All the pred main role players need to remember it’s supposed to be fun for everyone. The way some of you talk it’s like you actually think you’re part of some alien hunting clan. I don’t think they intended you to play one side all the time. Everything would be more balanced if all players mixed it up a bit.

3 Likes

Well. Predator does need some buffs, too. For example, fireteam shouldn’t be able to bodyblock the predator.

But, to be clear, nobody that plays fireteam is going to stick around much longer just to have a good game ruined by getting roof slammed while trying to complete an objective.