Predator and FT rebalancing

PREDATOR NEEDS A NERF!

haha, just kidding. Well, in part, today I want to talk not so much about nerfs and buffs as about the digital part of the game, now that the main problem of the confrontation has been solved, we can think about the options that are necessary for both sides. I’ll start with the perks.

Just want to touch on a huge bag. It should provide MORE tricks, motion sensors and rockets for the hand launcher and fewer first aid kits, with traps all ok considering how weak they are.

With the new cloak, 4 first aid kits are too many even for scouts, there are pigs in the game in general and I wish I had to hunt them. I would reduce the number to 3.

Now there will be the most voluminous block. Yautja Bane, perk for NPC damage, fearless,down range, perks for resist, etc. should be removed from the game, and their numbers are built into all weapons / classes by default. In addition to “protecting the mask”, you can simply remove it from the game

he is not needed now. All these perks should be replaced by things that have a stronger effect on the gameplay and make it more varied. As it seems to me, now we need to move towards the principle “Each hunt is unique”, the developers need to make every effort to rework the perk system, I play more on the predator and will speak for him, FT players - I would gladly hear what options in the game are not enough for you, it seems to me that in the new realities you need tools for positional play and methods of local detection. I’ll talk about this below, but be prepared to correct me. In addition to Arrows, he will again whine about the cloak, Lord … as long as possible, well, your mother made you remove the “Death squad” tattoo that you stuffed along the penis, but why worry so much?

As for the predator, in addition to the very “isolation tool”, I want to see things in perks that would force FT to make decisions quickly and realize who exactly is playing against them. For example: I am a predator and I take a perk that adds additional spectra to my mask, now I can see, for example, a heartbeat, electroscan and traces, as the falconer did. For the FT, this means that they shouldn’t walk on the roads so that I don’t see their footprints behind the foliage, they shouldn’t be exhausted because I will see their heartbeat and that I can see their electronics, so I will potentially see their claymores. What are the claymores? More on this below.

Or an example from another category, I already proposed this perk for the falconer class, observing a specific FT player increases the damage of the next attack against this player up to 100%, a miss will result in the loss of the bonus, the indication of the perk is as simple as possible, a red diamond above his head, it will gradually turn green, for example, and when it blinks - you received the maximum bonus to damage against this player, miss - save everything again, hits - almost or fully one-shot, depends on the weapon. Therefore, if the FT see that the predator does not appear for a long time, perhaps he is watching you and accumulating a perk, it’s time to try to break the distance with him and hide from his eyes.

Or a perk that allows me to put marks for FT using the wheel of mimicry.

Devices.

An isolation tool, I won’t get tired of talking about it, a trap / whip / shenbao, something that will allow you to make a certain effort to drag the player out of the dense group.

Some kind of analogue of a sniper rifle for utilitarian purposes, poisoning / immobilization / stamina drain / blinding.

A folding shield, something like a buckler in a brace, you cannot beat when it is turned on, but the predator covers its face and a little upper torso with it.

More types of traps, snares, tree nets.

Hounds, literally a way to create a squad of NPCs several times per game, under the noise of which you could attack FT.

Now let’s move on to FT, it’s very difficult for me to speak for your perks, guys, I think I’m not experienced enough, but the perk ala “Sixth Sense”, warning you if you have a predator’s sight on you once every few seconds, it seems to me an interesting thing, but I want affect your devices.

1. Motion sensor. Things that can be placed around the perimeter of the camp when a predator crosses this perimeter - a direction notification is received, but does not receive a mark directly to the predator, in return the predator does not receive information that its approach has been noticed.

2. Claymores and stretch marks. A reckless hunter is a dead hunter, I want FT to be able to place mines and stretch marks, mines are better, they are easier to indicate, a detonation on this inflicts a predator in the about of 500 damage, 2 mines and some scout goes to heaven.

3. Changing the UAV, now it just gives 1 scan, but I propose to make it so that it makes 2-3 circles and repeats its mark, the predator who knows the intervals will have time to carry out the attack, the careless hunter will receive 3 marks.

4. Anti-cloak grenade. I believe that its radius should be doubled, but its damage should be removed if the predator is not in disguise. That is, okay, if a predator turns on camouflage in the field, it is electrocuted and takes damage, if it does not turn on camouflage, it does not receive damage.

Something like this. I believe that FT needs to improve their defensive functions.

So what do you think? It will be nice to read.

1 Like

Not sure if this counts, but I want the ability to skin and hang bodies…

5 Likes

I think that unless they revert the changes and only keep it at long ranges (100m+) they are going to lose a bunch of us FT players, more so now with clash. If I want to scratch my PHG itch I just hit clash since I can also play predator in a easy environment.

1 Like

I mean … come on straight. You don’t want to play as FT on the hunt because the other side can win. Wow!

2 Likes

Nah man, I win like 9/10 games. I just hate how it works now, you have to run from the predator and focus on the missions instead of engaging with him (assuming he does more then engage in close combat).

1 Like

Why should you run ATTACK at the predator? What is stopping you now? If you win 9/10 games then there is no problem. 100+ meters is absurd, you still want to have an advantage in attacking at ANY distance, a predator at 100+ meters is not functional, it has no option until the developers add a barrett to it. I don’t need a cloak at 100 meters because there is terrain behind which I can hide at 100 meters, why are you two so wooden? The predator CANNOT attack at any distance because his weapon does not work with respect to the FT weapon, you need to make disproportionate efforts to hit 50 meters from the bow, while the FT is simply spammed with hitscan. You can’t argue with that, the predator DIDN’T WORK, he was just a big NPC with no real threat, and now when the threat appeared and you suddenly still need to do something on the map, you merge. Dude, I’m glad you’re enjoying the flare, hunting without you will be more honest.

5 Likes

I don’t think you do a good job of reading those posts. I’ve told you a few times now why I don’t like how it works now. As a win/loss rate nothing change for me. HOW I WIN changed and it sucks.

The issue with cloak was only that you could snipe him across the map, they should fix that issue, now make the predator impossible to follow in AR and SMG ranges.

Predator weapons fork fine as all hell. I did not know how easy is to destroy FT people before the CLASH since I started playing pred. You know how many people survived me jumping on them with the elder sword? 0 people and this is from someone who forgot how to turn cloak on ffs.

PS. FT weapon damage decrease with range quite substancially. The game needed tweaks, not to make the predator impossible to follow any time he decides to leap! I know people who like dominating as predator like it that way but whatever, I posted my opinion on the state of the game and I am not going to back from clash to hunt until they do something about the situation. No hair off my back!

What are you saying? Does the sword have a lot of damage? What a pity that even my cat parries it.

The problem is that you will not come up to inflict damage with a sword because (you will not believe) at 50 meters you will be riddled with sniper rifles and SMG, the same is happening now just at 40-30 meters. You cannot judge the hunt by the regime, the essence of which is in a thoughtless meat grinder. That’s the point, you don’t have enough experience of playing a predator to understand what’s good and what’s bad, just as I don’t have enough experience to say with confidence how to make better FT gameplay, melting a predator is not what you are I must practice with a relaxed muzzle in every game, it must be a test, and you do not stretch it.

If even your cat parries you then you need to up your game since you’re doing it wrong.

The rest is jut more information on the above. Melee did not work in hunt before the last update if you were up against a premade that coordinated. Fight against randoms and if you can’t beat them that I don’t know what to say. If with my lack of skill I am destroying randoms in clash with the elder sword you can imagine someone that actually is really good with the predator how he does. I am also playing berserker since I like the looks, that is another minus there.

If I understand you correctly, you said that melee did not work until the cloak was changed. You can finish here. The rollback of the changes will make melee combat just as useless, you will also lose 100% HP from the snipers on the roof when entering the sawmill, it will not be at 100 meters but at 99, no difference. The compromise figure has already been named, 60-65, all that further will not matter because we will return to the dull, boring spam from a bow and a pistol, but two FT squads will have fun again running after a predator through the forest without risking anything, because the predator cannot resist. Everything has a price, if you want an old raincoat, if you want to run after a predator through the forest in the old way, the predator must get back one-shots from the PC, spear and disk and double badi shot from the bow to the support. Then the game will turn into a stupid and not tactful counter strike. This is what you want.

No, I said that melee did not work the way I am doing it until you found a good premade that coordinated.

The only change stealth needs is so you don’t get snipped across the map. Yes, you can run trough the predator trough the jungle if he is in second wind or bad and risk nothing, aside for that you try doing that unless you’re in a well organized 4 man team and the predator is any good.

Pfft, okay, dude. We will not prove anything to each other. We will be judged only by the general reaction of the community, my position is that hunting has never been as cool as in this patch. yours is the opposite. Only time and the community will judge us, otherwise it will slide into 2 points of view, when the truth is somewhere in the middle.

If you’re playing pred I can see how that is so. I am speaking from a FT perspective that loved engaging with the pred and nothing else. The AI and missions for FT are boring as shit.

Alpha pred can kill a class with less than a full combo with the sword, it’s so broken , also because is the harder weapon to parry ,it does AoE damage and it requires no aim. I think they should remove the possibility to lock the Predator queue in Hunt mode, so people will be forced to play fireteam and they will finally understand what.we are saying😂.

if you go vs a premade ur gonna want all the pigs u can muster.

myths pred is invisible?
-I will show 6 vidieos of my maxed out graphics showing this little bitch lit up still like a christmas tree
-Low graphic setting its harder to see pred
-all those pc players complaining about invis pred… turn up you graphics and youll see him just fine… espcially the texture one

The Grenade Master used only one medikit cause now pigs spawn close the Pred finally. Large Pouch is usless!!

we are all happy with how Predator feels, all the classes are good, PC premades are beatable now. Don’t touch it Illfonic. Seriously, don’t touch a thing. Smooth the bugs, give us some content that’s worthwhile, but don’t touch anything right now

Yes, but premades are also the only way you can play and be competitive against even a decent predator. Playing randoms make you into fodder to a decent predator.

Premade were beatable even more before the Bane and Tick Skin buff. Combi stick got a shadow nerf of 20 damage (insane nerf) and traps can be destroyed.

It’s not ideal, but as a pred main I set aside my annoyance about traps and combi nerf because I’m willing to compromise. Zerk, Samurai, Hunter, and Scout all feel like they are supposed to. Elder got a complete change, but I can live with it. I can live with destroyable traps, but compare this patch and the bitching received to the last one. Everyone was saying the FT are overpowered, now very few are saying Predator is overpowered. I think this is the closest to balance we will get that will appease all sides. Of course, I would love if they would buff elder, maybe change the traps, and buff combi, but whenever we offer Illfonic the option of editing the game in any way, some really terrible nerf comes that ruins the game.

I’ll live with this, I’m happy for now. I don’t want them to buff Elder, and then also buff bane to ridiculous levels again. I don’t want them to make combistick destroyable. Let’s all just eat some shit for now.