“Predator armor” Test No. 2

We were in the mood for a grindy test last night to figure out once and for all how “predator armor” works, and we got some interesting results.

Method.

• private match, clash
  • fireteam damage, 50%
  • weapon, ZR-55
  • predator, Valkyrie
  • recorded the damage of each hit from the start of reduced damage taken by the predator

Disclaimer: there are a lot of decimals in the damage values of the weapons in PHG, so the numbers don’t always look very “smooth” in their distribution, due to rounding errors.

The graphed results.
X = % hp
Y = % damage taken

It seems to be a curved reduction value that drops sharply beginning at 30% and approaches 75% at 0hp remaining.

Hope y’all appreciate this, because it took some real time to record the data.

Note: If you’re wondering why there is a 67% in the data, it is because the graph assumes 12 to be 100% damage, but the actual 100% damage value is about 11.4?.

8 Likes

5 Likes

We found out some other weird stuff, for example, Hip fire bypasses impenetrable. No freaking joke!

1 Like

In clash or hunt?

Clash. We used clash, because by killing the ft member, we could get quick damage numbers and switch to different weapons and classes.

They state on perks that it may not have affect in clash do they not?

They do. They state no effect because normal clash doesn’t let the fire team mud up, revive, etc. or the predator have second winds, etc.

But it doesn’t matter. We directly tested the damage aiming down sites, and then from the hip in the same match, and the difference in damage was equal to removing the impenetrable perk, but without the impenetrable perk, the damage was the same.

We think that it is some sort of glitch. I would not imagine that this would be included as a feature.

That’s some great work!

1 Like

Some will say its not true!

1 Like

That’s why I always include my methods. Anybody can check the work.

So that basically means the lower your health is, the less damage you get?

1 Like

Seems like it. It’s the same trolling as the iron side perk. Total nonsense