Predator balance

'Predators that know what they’re doing are unstoppable" [against FTs that don’t know what they’re doing]

You can’t base this balance issue on your random lobbies. Not enough data with the asymmetry of things.

2 Likes

yep, Pred is braindead easy side, im almost stop playing Pred after realise all tricks and damage numbers, its actually insane. all this 3 should be nerfed, one moment about “just parry combistick” - its not about melee, its about throw - its insane, huge damage, easy to land hit, impossible to detect(if he not straifing like dumbdumb), blind effect, you can “instascope” at close range+1-2melee=dead and if you miss its not really punishing, you can do this again and again and again. Bow is way to easy to hit and even uncharged deals way too much damage, like 2-3 shots = dead, just spam unchargeed shots dont strafe change positions by leap only, when 1 FT down its game over. some objectives is stupid like valves - takes too long right in the open and Pred can camp it forever, you just never complete this objective if he knows things. slam - oh boy, roofslam lamest mechanic ever. this 3 and pigs is all you need to have 99%+ winrate

1 Like

Random lobbies are 90% of games. How many 4 man premades are running about compared to the casuals. If you balance around high level of play, ignoring the “masses” you’re going to end alienating the majority of players (not good)…

1 Like

Are you on consoles?

PC

I’m not saying to balance around high level players. Just that there’s not enough data from individual people to suggest that. I would argue 90% of predators don’t know what they’re doing. Thereby leaving it balanced in my perception. But again, I’m just one person.

1 Like

In that case I don’t get how you’re having issues with combistick throw. Just keep moving left right and hopping as you’re unloading your weapon into him. When he comes in close for melee use parry. The combistic is not that difficult to parry. If you parry him 1-2 times he is going to panic and try to run away. Now you are going to lose eventually if your team does not help out but that is another discussion.

I am sure the devs have some logs of win rates and what not. Also abilities that help less good players should not be nerfed, like spot. 4 man premades that are good, will use the eyeball under the predator to not give it away they know where he is! When I try to hunt down the predator (second win, or has heavy damage and tries to run away) with my friend, we don’t use spot so he does not know we’re on his trail (just an example).

Berserker is imposible to kill, impossible to outrun. It’s really annoying. I can’t imagine how boring must be for Predators using this class and finishing the match in 2 or 3 minutes. Stop using it.

if there’s one PC player in a team I choose my berserker loadout (and I play on PC).

in 1 on 1 sure. If you have a somewhat decent team, I prefer to face a berserker then a hunter. If he charges me in melee I am thinking to myself (perfect, come get some). You don’t need to outrun him. Just empty your weapon when he is outside melee range and when he get’s close use parry and have your team shoot at him. He melts! The Predators that give me a trouble are those playing stealth and chipping at your health with the plasma gun, arrow and disk.

EDIT: This is my perspective as a PC player. Can’t speak about consoles!

This game is so screwed if we balance according to players like you

7ft buff alien who’s whole existence is based on the mastery of hunting vs 5ft 11 military human

Predator is supposed to be stronger than the fireteam. As fireteam your objective is to complete the mission while avoiding the predator and escaping. It’s called the predator for a reason, it’s one strong alien. I know that the combi stick and zerker combo is overly spammed and should be changed, so players would use more versatile weapons. And I don’t think the bow is op at all, because you need good aim to one shot someone.

1 Like

Yeah its like @Fire said on another post we were discussing though…

The biggest issue right now is no one can agree on what the game is supposed to be.

I think the majority of pred mains want slower stealthier gameplay. A hunt. The majority of FT mains want a deathmatch and want everything to be perfectly fair.

I dont even think the devs know what this game is supposed to be anymore. There are traces of them taking the game in the slower direction. But at some point it looks like they lost their direction.

The irony is that the game imo though isnt balanced right now anyways. It just feels that way because chances are, you are playing against players worse than you 90% of the time. Not to mention pred might as well not have stealth and then on top of that the FT can spot the already broken stealthed pred.

Its disgraceful. Personally I am all about the slow approach. I want FT to be a literal fight for survival. I want pred to be a hunt. No more rushing, no more 5 minute team wipes. None of that shit.

Check my rework post in the feedback section. Thats how I think the game should play.

1 Like

Just to address your point about the combistick, and a general psa for those that may not know.

The damage range of the combistick melee is further than FT can parry. So as the predator closes in with melee, you take damage with no chance to counter. So with the crazy high melee auto lock, the predator can’t really miss either, literally all they need to do is spam the melee button.

there are no pacts between Lions and men

But we can’t the combi stick uses a hell of a lot of stamina. If we take one down we don’t even have enough to leap away anymore

2 Likes

Good point well made.

And yet illfonic increased all predators damages to their weapons and took away ft maxium ammo by dropping it down in the same patch. lol