Predator balance

The slam, combistick, and yautja bow are way too strong. There are too many hogs for health. Predators that know what they’re doing are unstoppable.

Not sure if increasing fireteam health by 35 across the board would help, but something needs to be changed. People are going to get tired of dying too quickly as fireteam.

Also, it makes being a great predator a joke, because anybody can do it.

4 Likes

All of the preds weapons are too strong and they should all be regulated to only spinning the disc around people in circles with war club in hand for the full 15 minutes when it takes fireteam 5 minutes to complete objectives disengaged.
And medkits should cost all their gear slots with 1 pig per map because this will slow the game down.
Also give support, dutch, scout and recon 200 base health.

This will differentiate the good from the bad!

7 Likes

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational…

10 Likes

Same

2 Likes

I have a feeling @Finessology was being sarcastic…

8 Likes

Hahahahahahahah

Okay. You made one point. The fireteam can finish missions in less than 5 minutes. Although, only a trash predator would let that happen, for the sake argument, extend the time for interacting and defending objectives until the missions take long enough to make it a fair, but, most importantly, a longer battle.

Nothing goes over your head. Haha.

1 Like

Slam maybe, but not combi or bow.

2 Likes

Correction. One guy can finish fireteam objectives in 5 minutes. Because yknow, only a trash FT wouldnt just break all the alarms & one guy run around 2 shotting all the remaining AI with shotty. See how that works?

Here’s the crazy thing. You can’t have long matches in a survival based gamemode where the average time to kill is a few seconds for both sides. Pred kills fireteam in a few seconds, fire team kills pred in a few seconds. It’s not a team deathmatch, it’s a one way stomp as soon as one side plays to win. The only reason the pred is letting you reinforce rather than going for a full wipe is because they’re either playing attrition for fun or they’re just being nice. The only reason the fireteam isn’t melting you in a few seconds is because they’re not all on comms focus firing you with good callouts. Even then statistically fireteam wins. Pubs seem super miserable only because your teammates have like 35 damage on the pred, which wouldn’t be a balancing issue. As soon as you have a decent one that scary combistick predator gets parried once and dies in seconds from 2-3 randoms shooting at him and then bam dailies done. Just mic up its easier.

3 Likes

The fireteam isn’t hard to find, once you’ve learned the maps, and especially once you know the missions. Maybe for new predator players, or if you have the memory of a goldfish.

Alarms are for the AI reinforcements. One of the only times the game brings out braindead AI in any amount that is relevant and makes them do damage.

Honestly, we’re finding more success with only using assault with thick skin or support. Maybe, scout and recon need some love. Also, i uses mic, and I play with two others and one random most of the time.

Yep. Scout and recon are for roleplaying and getting instadowned unfortunately.

1 Like

You know I won my first 20 matches as a Fireteam when starting out the game… there were some Berserker Predators too. As a Fireteam, we have a lot of med kits on the map, players can drop them, and we have syringes. Also when I play Predator, I usually only have 2 pigs most of the time around me. Also, 4 Fireteam members will wreck a Predator and actually kill him after he’s down in 7 seconds or less. What’s your excuse to that? Oh yeah, can’t forget the reinforcement call that only takes like 10 seconds to get your teammates back. A Predator only has one attempt.

3 Likes

I understand. One thing about the pigs. If you kill them early in the hunt, there will be a bunch that spawn in the same location. Not sure if there is a limit, but it’s easy to get five or six pigs farmed up.

Also, you can find the reinforcement area before the fireteam has the mission, there are only three or four locations per map, and once they go for it, meet them there and take them out. I usually let them have it, just to get more trophies per match.

I find the pigs either scarce or in great abundance. It seems random which I guess is ok, but it can mean a win or a loss depending on them. Kind of a comical part of the game tbh, the mighty hunter travels light years to go limping desperately after pigs to heal gunfire wounds. lol

2 Likes

Bows very strong combi has been a baby since what they’ve done with every other weapon in my opinion nobody runs it anymore at least what I’ve encountered and net gun and elder sword are the best including disc but after this patch I think we’re going to see a lot more preds with plasma pistol for short imma start callin it pp also

Combi Stick actually needs its nerfs from 1.06 reverted. It was the victim of bad FT whining. Just stick together and parry.

Yautja Bow is fine because you’ll know when the Predator is using it and can hide from it.

Slam is fine because it turns you into a sitting duck and disables the use of anything energy related afterwards (not sure how long, never really bothered to find out).

Boar spawns are fine because of the five billion heals the FT has access to. The Predator has to travel far to find or come back to one. They also have to remember where it was at or run in circles until target isolation returns.

4 Likes

The combistick is fine, just learn to parry and its not a problem. If it couples it with net… It get’s complicated since you can’t do shit but nerfing the combistick is not a solution even if you go down in 2-3 hits or so(more details in the last part of this post).

Slam is massively broken as its working now. Remove the way it works from different elevations or trough walls and its fine since if you jump on them, you’re exposing yourself to return fire. As it is now you can smash on top of a 2 stories building and a marine down below, 2 meters from the building DIES! That is not fine but preds will defend it to death since it helps them clear guys that hide in buildings (ignoring the fact that you have multiple objectives in them and the fact that it works outside to).

The bow… Its really, really strong. I think making it more obvious where its coming from should be done. Just show the trajectory more clearly as the arrow travels trough the air.

I would increase the HP of both sides to increase play time. As it is now a predator goes down (ignoring second wind) in 4 seconds or so to LMG fire and marines go down in half of that to melee if you don’t parry. I don’t know what to say but I would like longer games but it would take massive rebalancing efforts. This game, right now its all about burst and I can’t say its a great feeling. You global the pred or the pred globals you.