Predator Lock-on

R3 button: allows Predator player to lock-on/release fireteam.

Think of how Bloodborne does it.

I don’t see the use for it being added to work on the Ai but that could be nice too.

4 Likes

A lock-on would sound great in my opinion.

But then there are some things to consider:

• 1) Lock-on only for shooting weapons or also mêlée

• So, would the Lock-on only function with weapons like the bow, Smart Disc, hand-held plasma caster, combistick and regular plasma caster. Or would the Lock-on also effect the mêlée weapons?

• 2) Lock-on on Fireteam and AI

• Do we really should have the Lock-on on both FT and AI? I think it should only be the FT because imagine the following: Your hunting down a lone soldier and he’s currently swarmed by approximately 10 AI and the Lock-on messes up and you hit the AI with that shot you would have needed to down the FT and it’s wasted.

Other than that I think both PC and Ps would benefit of a Lock-on system for the Pred.

2 Likes

If a lock on should be implemented it should only be for melee as the tracking tends to suck. Ranged weapons should be left as is with manual aiming.

7 Likes

Agree with the exception. I think a lock on feature for the shoulder PC is fine, but it does no splash damage and cannot be charged

1 Like

Thing is, adding tracking would need to come with quite some nerfs to melee weapons. I can’t even imagine a heavy axe with ghost that you can’t even dodge.

1 Like

I should have been a little more specific the lock on should only be for melee. :)

If it had a lock on with range I think it would be a little Op lol

Literally an aimbot if applied to ranged.

1 Like

I think lock on for the PC might be a little too OP, IF it locks on right off the bat. How about this… when aiming the PC, if your targeting reticle stays on one specific target for 3 solid seconds, it locks on. Given how fast some FTs move, that should still make it somewhat of a challenge.

Or they just increase the melee tracking radius size for all melee weapons. If they all had tracking like the combistick, there wouldn’t be any need to manually lock on to one soldier.

Absolutely NO to lock on for ranged attacks.

1 Like

The tracking would only point you in the right direction to start the animation, but the animation itself would keep a strait line. No need to rebalance.

1 Like

Just throwing this out there for the caster: AVP 2010 had the perfect system. If your targeting laser was close enough it would lock on. BUT it would not lead the target. It was possible to miss more often than not. Worked on console very well from a balance perspective.

The fuck? It always leaded on. That shit was accurate as shit. Y’all dickride AvP2010 way too much.

Also yes, Lock-on Tracking for Melee. Ranged you have to aim.

That will help a lot. since you don’t have to do that. Imagine the game automatically repositioning you after a predator leaps to the location he just leaped to, of course, he can leap after that again… You are removing the ability for FT to strafe and try to trick the predator where to aim. Its like an auto correct after each strike for predator. If it would not be a big BUFF to melee, people would not ask for it constantly. And if its meaningless in making the predator’s melee that much better, why add it then? Its irrelevant anyway since it improves nothing. You can’t have it both ways. The moment I see someone coming at me with the axe, I start circling the predator so he can’t hit me, if the game locks on me and makes him jump to my position, that makes his odds of hitting me that much higher with no effort/skill on his part.

Don’t forget, the axe is not the only weapons, Katana? Does up to 80 damage a hit with ghost (i think) and its very hard to dodge as it is. Then the scythe? With even better tracking? Oh God…

And you know what’s worse? This change does not need any type of skill to perform better with it.

1 Like

OK? I don’t recall it leading. I could be wrong 🤷‍♀️

My bad but like, figured that was common knowledge for 2010.

How about we only give the Plasma Caster this kind of aim assist:
Once a target is fully scanned and the red icon appears, aiming on the target for more than 5 seconds will lock on and autoaim.
But this can only be done once every minute, or makes the red icon disappear again, requiring the Pred to scan again before being able to use the auto aim.
This would obviously also require the Pred to get a higher Plasma Caster cooldown between shots.

1 Like

Sprinting/strafing midrange made it miss but I think that’s largely due to the travel time.

Bunnyhopping with caster up close was lethal.

Considering the casters in the movies could lock on? And the thermal marks unmudded fireteam as is , it would probably be overpowered

PC dont need lock

Just play with your respected platforms…this game has been butchered enough.

The only lockon thats cannon is the plasma caster

Its possible to lock on. I’ve seen it with my own eyes. I ended up using the wrist blades 1v1 as the Pred would strafe from side to side. I’ve never been able to duplicate this. I should have recorded this. The Pred kinda crouches while being locked on. Dark souls style.