Predator's roar / taunt

The Roar of the City Hunter turned out to be really cool - creepy and scary, and if a good player plays as the City Hunter kills one squad member after another and at the same time terrifies with this roar - it really increases my adrenaline! Based on this, I thought about this: what if each class of Predator (hunter, scout, berserker) will assigned its own original roar, with which the FireTeam another time can determine the class of the Predator by ear. Or its may be different roars for male and female secies. This will add atmosphere to the game imo, what do you think about this?

11 Likes

I think that’s a cool idea! It would add a lot of depth if the predators played differently. Unfortunately I think the predators play to similarly for this to actually matter in the match, but I think that it would give more originality to the predators and would be something to look forward to as the fireteam making it really feel like different predators every time. Atleast for a bit.

2 Likes

Definitely would be cool!

I saw in one of their PAX interviews (on their website) they were using a female voice actor to make the female Predator sounds? I guess they didn’t end up using it.

Anyone notice the piercing sound of the beginning of the City Hunter roar? It’s the sound his medkit makes when he uses it on himself in Predator 2. Which is a little weird to build that into the roar imo but cool to see/hear new stuff.
EDIT: Yes, it seems many people noticed xD…

2 Likes

Not that it matters to much but for fireteam can we take out on the score board what predator where fighting until we fight it lol

1 Like

well, at least make a difference between the roar for females and males.

2 Likes

There is a difference.

1 Like

Maybe if it didn’t include the syringe sound…

2 Likes

SURE

They do now

That would be very cool. Yes, class can be seen on the scoreboard, but as you said it would add to the atmosphere and I always appreciate these little things… “fuck, it’s a berserker” (said no one after the latest patches, nvm)

Agreed

1 Like

This is really good and wholesome feedback! I hope they end up implementing this idea.

OMG, RIP … I don’t know how to speak with you

What :/

The roar of the City Hunter is bad. That sound before the scream is from his healing tool. Why are they using it? I think the people from Illfonic never saw part 2 and only trailers of part 1 :-/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE5RyoCnDZM Here you can hear it at 2:45 No other roar has ever heard that “pftsch” sound before.

2 Likes

I generally play as the female pred and I’m personally not really liking the new female predator roar, bit disappointed I can’t choose which roar pitch to have, I preferred the original regardless of it being the same as the male. Maybe they could add an option later to allow you to choose your roar sound. @Courier

Update: ok all 3 classes do it now, nvm

Ok I might be having allucinations. But today for the first time while playing FT I heard the berserker pred doing a clearly different roar while healing…more intimidating just like you would expect from a bigger yautja.
Am I just very late? Is it just me? Shadow updates?