Predator's Weapons Problem

We all know that more Ranged Weapons is a common request from the community, as Melee Weapon seems to be the ongoing trend with Predator DLC Drops. Samurai got a Katana, City Hunter’s doesn’t count since it’s a Re-Skin, Viking has a Battle Axe, and Valkyire came with the War Hammer.

As far as I know, Katana, Battle Axe, and Norse Hammer are the only Melee Weapons with Alternative “Fire” options. So why not give the rest of the Melee Weapons some alternative uses, ones that can even help alleviate the lack of Ranged Weapons Situation?

Wrist Blades either needs a Heavy Attack (Parry Proof for big Stamina cost?) or a Ranged Attack in which the Wristblades are shot out. Wristblades Can Not Be Destoryed, Core Weapon you know?

War Club can be chucked onto a target for a good around of Damage (70) and recollected. Disorient, Blind, oh hell, even doing something like a Button Scramble or “Slience” of their ability to use Gear items would work wonders for War Club.

Not saying Elder Sword needs a ranged option, but a heavy attack would be nice, like a Lunge akin to Katana or something.

Oh, and buff Wrist Launcher while you’re at or just give it infinite ammo with a reload mechanic. Legit the worst Gear Item in the game in terms of overall utility, use, and effect. And City Hunter’s stuck with the thing.

2 Likes

No. Buff FT nerf pred

2 Likes

Drevil_million_dollars

How are you going to lunge backhanded?

Then again how are you going to use a sword backhanded

Ah, punt the FT in the head with the bone hilt.

I finally mastered the disk and I have to say it’s pretty OP if you know how to use it…and to farm potatoes lol

P2 spear gun could tag enemies. Light on ammo and damage but the idea is to follow them even if you loose the mask. Pair that with the scanning perks and specialization and you got a gear item with some utility.

A proper spear gun is basically a sniper rifle.

Another option is retaliatory gear like a helmet mounted plasmacaster. It’s on cooldown between shots to avoid overusage but is active so long as the mask isn’t destroyed. Potentially even usable on self-destruct.

You could also use appropriated fireteam gear. In this case you’d use a stargazer rifle or one of Fireteam’s weapons but it’d be balanced to be used on Fireteam. Nobody is handing the Predator the saw or rocket.

How does it work for you against premades?

They pray for a quick death lol

Edit: Oh the disk? It keeps them on their toes but since I’m running samurai ghost build well…they don’t stand a chance lol

I’d be happy just to get bleeding added to the Wrist-Blades, lol. The thing I want most besides slightly more viable melee tbh. And AI FT and Pred bots for Private Matches. Hopefully now that they will likely be moving on from P:HG, we can finally get that like they did with Friday the 13th when they stopped supporting that game.

1 Like