Private/Public Matches: Ping Results and Lag

So in the interest of finding out what matches to play flawlessly, I’ve tried public and private and observe ping times.

@BenyaminChai was playing in California and me in Toronto.
With just him in the game, it appeared that I didn’t have a ping time(i take it this became a P2P configuration) and his ping times were over 100ms.
From my perspective as Predator, there was zero lag.
But looking at his character, i can tell that 95 percent of his animation were at a low frame rate like a choppy 10 fps at times.
He also explained that his hardware isn’t that good. I’m not sure if this is the reason.
I don’t understand why this is.

I expected better results.

I will continue my testing and add more to this thread if those are interested.

This is called zero lag. Observe the ping times in milliseconds in a public match.

in a public match again,

in a public match again.

So where there are IDs displaying without their pingtimes I believe they are held in one time zone and exhibiting the identical server ping times of a literal ‘host’ . Therefore you can assume that they are closest to the server if not 0-10 ms in pingtime.

In a recent game, there was 1 member who had ping times higher than 120 ms, this presented a significant lag in the overall game play of mine where my and the rest of the members experienced less than 60 ms in ping times.

I’m guessing, during times where any member is experiencing somewhere between 60ms and up there will be lag. When ALL Members offer below 60ms will produce flawless gameplay.This might be due to some kind of autonomous resource management system.

Therefore, when you see ANYONE with a ping time 60ms and up…FORGET IT! LEAVE!!
If you all have ping times lower than 60ms,…play!!!

What has been set by the Illfonic Devs have been flawed! So make it your obligation to LEAVE when you see these ping times!
However I’ve seen my ping times peak at 80ms but go down to maintain a 10ms and stay there.
So it might by your ISP fucking around.

Simply get an nvidia card 😜

It cures athlete’s foot also!

MAN STFU! You’re not helping! This is some serious shit man! I can’t tell you enough that Illfonic might impliment this parameters (and i know they are parameters given by Epic Game Servers) that they specify in any given day or month for reasons because its fuckings sales month in the stores!

1 Like

1 Like

I try to land a punch on ya, but you just keep moving!

You work for them dont you! @James-Cameron HELP!!! Make him stop! ehuh! ehuh!

1 Like

@BadBlood is under James Cameron’s protection so he gets a pass.

I have played with people in different countries with pings of 60 or 70. It’s not so bad. Remember that ping isn’t everything. You can have lag for other reasons like packet loss, stutter etc. A connection is like a car. Straight line speed is great but you need to be able to corner and handle the speedbumps too.

1 Like

Yes, so what i’m doin now is going back onto my default 2.4Ghz Wifi connection rather than the 5Ghz.
So far this has corrected the issue.
Strangely a month ago it was the exact same issues of lag but coming from 2.4 ghz.
I believe there might be some placement issues of my router and jitter being the problem.

I also jumped off crossplay just to see if this would reset any matchmaking faults. I jumped back onto crossplay and got a no go as far as match making for nearly 15 minutes. But now its back to normals with partners less than 60 ms. So far so good.

2.4g is fast enough and has a better range than 5g. Of course nothing beats hardwired but that’s not always possible.

After playing all day long ive realized nothing had changed the way it pings and how ping fluctuates… at least for me on my isp wifi. its just not working well for this sometimes. I may have had one or two flawless matches (by that i mean like without lag). It all depends if everyone is all at low pings…but when there is that one guy, my game goes lagging. Sometimes fluctuations might (not always) lead to the connection icon. Once that happens its even worse lag.

I’d give my left nipple for those ping rates. I guess I’m one of the culprits, as my ping rates fluctuate between 40 and 900. 300 is playable. The “about to crash” symbol comes on at somewhere around over 400, but the game is playable at 200. When I have between 100 and 150, the game runs smoothly. Occasionally it’s 40 something and I see how the other half lives. 😜

I’m on Fiber optic coming into the house, and wifi that’s shared in the house, but the amount of giga arriving to our home via fiber optic is shared by the entire condominium complex.

I’ve said it before. Italy is a 3rd world, non developing country.

1 Like

James Cameron plays with people from all over and has no issues unless someone happens to have a crappy connection. But location so far hasn’t made much difference.

Similar for me. On the opposite side of the spectrum,occasional, i might go as low as 4 to 12 ms and those games (if everyone else is below 60ms) are flawless butter smooth. I wish they would at least indicate for us peopple’s locations in the loadout so at least we can make judgements of the harsh reality of match making and accept it.

1 Like