Ps5 headache

Just curious if anybody else has had headache inducing issues with the ps5? After hours of refreshing and hunting for stock in November and managing to snag one on uk release day , my son got it on Christmas day and 9 days later it was bricked šŸ˜” its been with Sony for a week or so now and waiting to hear if it can be repaired or replaced . Unbelievable

God damn.
Glad in not on a rush for it.

Yeah , the stock issues has saved alot of people alot of hassle . Its common aswell from what I was told and seen online . It wouldnā€™t even boot into safe mode and he only plays 2 games . He was gutted

Oofā€¦that sucks

100% šŸ˜ . Iā€™m not optimistic about a replacement either after the stock issues. Its the last console I get at launch . I didnā€™t have a ps4 until over a year after release and the same with the pro

1 Like

Same way, I always wait at least a year. Only reason I have a 5 now is the wife grabbed it for Christmas for me

1 Like

The only reason I got him one was because its all he was interested in and he had money there from a deceased family member . So I only had to pay half , but they are plagued with issues . He avoided all of the things known to cause most of the issues and it still bricked

1 Like

Yeah, getting first wave consoles is always a coin toss. Iā€™ve had no issues with mine had it since launch day roughly

Glad to hear you havenā€™t had any issues mate

Just get a PC 0_0

I actually do have a gaming pc , but I bought it it in 2016 so the hardware is pretty outdated . It run most games pretty decent for a budget pc and it saved loads of money for the games being cheaper

Thatā€™s a real shame. I got a ps4 at launch. Thing has been a tank. Zero issues other than a touchy HDMI port. Glad I didnā€™t get one yet.

I had a friend that got a ps4 at launch, after 3 or 4 months he had 3 or so different units , they had to keep replacing them as they were faulty . My son has a pro and I have a standard one but they were like jet engines , I replaced the thermal paste and they run silent now , the difference is unreal , I think thatā€™s what causes alot of issues with them

Good idea. But doesnā€™t that void your warranty?

The warranty was already void anyway mate . One machine is at least 5 years old and the pro is a few years old already , so if they broke down I was screwed anyway . When I opened up the pro the thermal paste was off the chip aswell , so Iā€™m surprised it even still worked