PS5 optimised graphics mode

So.

Fired this up in the PS5 and it seems the game has a 30fps cap (obviously to help performance on the ps4). Texture pop-in is less prevalent and overall visual quality is better but the frame limit is making it unplayable.

The burning question is this - are illfonic going to give us a PS5 optimised graphics mode?

I.e. 4k textures from PC version with the frame limiter removed/set to 60fps.

Or do we think they are going to repackage it with the above and try sell us the same game again for $60? 🤔

Edit: I have this game on my (fairly) high end gaming PC and it runs almost flawlessly at 4k and 60fps. Would be a shame to simply charge us to give us assets which exist in the PC build already

Nope

They’re way too lazy to do this. Even though they should have support for the Ps5

1 Like

you will never ever get 4k textures on this game there isn’t a machine on the planet that could do that with how poorly optimized this game is unless your fond of playing slideshows

however your plea on a uncapped/60fps could probably happen on a PS5 considering most high end 20/30 series cards can get like 40fps on med/high settings so i think the PS5 should be able to do that on low/medium settings

1 Like

The game still hasn’t been optimised on ps4 or pro. It’s really ridiculous at this point how unoptimised this game actually is.

Game doesn’t affect game play just git gud

Game doesn’t affect gameplay?

James Cameron thinks it does.

1 Like

??

Capping framerates to 30fps on consoles is commonplace.

By not allowing the console to go over 30fps you get a more consistent 30fps most of the time by capping what the max Hz the gfx chip cam reach - instead of sometimes 45fps, sometimes 20fps, sometimes 14fps.

Cap it at 60. Pleb race.

Strange

I’m running a Ryzen 9 with a 2080TI, my PC version runs between 50 and 60fps with everything maxed.

While I don’t think the PS5 quite has that oomph I would still expect a solid improvement in achievable framerates that make this at the very least - playable on a console.

I’m sensing a little distaste for consoles / PC master race level 'tude.

My PC is a god compared to the PS5 and I’m struggling to stay at 60fps. The PS5 isn’t going to to go over 60fps so cap it.

Or remove the cap. Or give us the option to change frame cap - that would be better.

All I ask for is a stable 30 fps

Not a single frame lost

Is that really so much to ask for??