Random musing about a song that reminds me of hunting Predators.

I’ll put my thoughts as bullet points below each line. Songs posted as third comment.

Lyrics - Reptile by Nine Inch Nails

She spread herself wide open to let the insects in

• The insects are bullets in flight, buzzing

She leaves a trail of honey to show me where she’s been

• Trail of honey, is glowing blood

She has the blood of reptile just underneath her skin

• Cold blooded, alien

Seeds from a thousand others drip down from within

• Seeds also equal bullets, once planted in a monster

Oh my beautiful liar

• the clicking is the lie

Oh my precious whore

• she’ll give the hunt to anyone

My disease my infection

• paranoia about invisible aliens

I am so impure

• cause I want their tech

Devils speak of the ways in which she’ll manifest

• appearing from cloak

Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

• Angel (alien) from the sky/heaven, Caress is my guns name

Need to contaminate to alleviate this loneliness

• need teammates but also the hunt

I now know the depths I reach are limitless

• I’ll use my teammates as bait

Oh my beautiful liar

• stupid clicking sounds like purring (I actually really like them)

Oh my precious whore
My disease my infection
I am so impure

Oh my beautiful liar
Oh my precious whore
My disease my infection
I am so impure

Oh my beautiful liar
Oh my precious whore
My disease my infection
I am so impure

Anyway it’s an older song but has some interesting symbolism and the music is perfectly suited to it and its content. There’s a droning insect noise that builds and fades. Edit the droning is actually part of the song before it. Apologies, I listen to whole cd’s.

1 Like

Just post the damn song! >_<

Here you go. Sorry the droning is in the track before it, Eraser.

Eh, idk. I’m not really feeling it.
I’d love to add a song to this game but theres too many to pick just one.

I mean they’re kind of easy picks, but I’d say this moment or warrior by disturbed.

But this is a pretty cool idea to think over.
To make a montage or something after figuring out what you think is a perfect song.

Heavy industrial noise are like that, I feel it cause my ADHD can bounce between sound.
I just find it interesting that a song so far from being about Predators, reminds me of them.

NIN does do video game music, they scored Quake back in the 90’s. I hadn’t considered what music I’d add. Given the option, probably something more thematic.

Disturbed definitely has songs that lend themselves to hunting giant alien assholes.
In this Moment would also be fun, that chick has pipes.

In this moment?

Chick? You lost me, it’s a disturbed song.

It’s also the name of another metal band, the singer is a girl. If you like Disturbed you should give them a listen.

PS. I only own the first Disturbed CD, my musical taste didn’t follow them as they got more mainstream. So I didn’t realize they had a song with that name. Lol

I see. Il check it out.

You fkn hipster lol xD
Idk I’m not really feeling The band, in this moment.

I checked a few of their songs but idk. Not really feeling it.

I like Big Bad Wolf, and Bloody Creature Poster Girl.

Never been called a hipster before… ha.

They have a song called Hunting Grounds.

That one was pretty good not gonna lie lol.
Lol I say hipster cause you said you didn’t follow after they went mainstream. XD.

You got it on vynil too you hipster? Lol I’m just messing you with you.

Disturbed and the megas, are the only two bands that I like almost all of their songs.

I would say celldweller too, but that’s not a band really, that’s just one guy. Love all 3 of those. But on the topic of music, I like a lot of songs lol. I want to say like 1000 at least, if I’m not counting covers, and remixes.

I wish I had the time/funds to collect vinyl. The going mainstream happened to pretty much every band from that era. Godsmack being the one to ‘pretty up’ their sound the most. Disturbed’s later music is still good but the stuff I’ve heard lacks the ‘go fuck yourself’ vibe from that first CD. I do love that first CD. He can sing his ass off too.

Going to have to check out the other two, don’t know them off the top of my head.

I’m a grunge/industrial guy, but listen to everything from classical to metal, to old 40, 50 and 60’s stuff. So maybe I am a bit of a hipster… I come by it honestly though, both my parents listened to older stuff. Thankful my sister was the one who got stuff with the 70 - early 80’s crap. Lately creepy ass YouTube has been giving me about a new band every month, it’s how I found In This Moment.

Edit - do the megas sound like an 80’s band, mixed with video game music?

A tiny bit. It’s a Megaman ost cover band.

I’m a fan of megaman so I loved them from the first time I’ve heard them.

Celldweller is rock/electonica I think, I don’t really know what to label it as. But its fucking bad ass.

But the megas are more if you’re a fan of megaman games, otherwise you might like it, but might the lyrics might not make much sense.

The Megas remind me of stuff I listened to when YouTube was new, lol.

I’m enjoying celldweller, his style is interesting but I’m only two tracks in. It’s Prodigy over layered with speed up classic rock, and lyrics that remind me of lots of 90’s stuff. Someone influenced by megadeath and something else I’m not placing right now… there’s an older band I listened to that had a similar but slower feel.

Did you get you’re name from Into The Void?

My name? Fire?

For megas I like all of the songs a lot, but I think you’ve sparked a war might be my favorite.

As for celldweller “my own little world”, was my favorite, but theres a bunch more that are good.

Theres a lot of different styles for celldweller.
I have a feeling you will like the song “tainted” by celldweller, but I could be wrong.

But just to give an example, listen to these tracks, even if you dont listen to them completely-
Switchback, against the tide, how little I must know.

They sound pretty different.

But ya that’s one of my fav things about celldweller.
Theres so many different genres thrown into the songs.

Oh ya, lucky one is another one of my favorites from celldweller lol.

The only song that is ever going to be okay with Pred is Long Tall Sally. Nothing else lolololololol

Pfft il be the judge of that

The fuck. No. Pretty good song tho lmao xD
Fuck start blasting that in the jungle and suddenly it turns into, predator hunting grounds: the musical. XD

I play it if im playing Pred and the ft is talking shit pregame lobby. I will play it full blast between my headset till the match starts lol and when the match is over lol

God I love listening to music while playing but I can’t for this game which sucks.
Gotta listen for all the bullshit lmao.

1 Like