Reduce the distance the Predator clicks can be heard.

I get that it is a game and the clicks are there to assist beginner players,
but at the very least could the clicking noises become less loud and happen less often as the level of the player increases?

Now that the game features 999 levels it would be a nice incentive to keep leveling up.

Personally, I feel that all Predators should be absolutely quiet after a specific level has been reached and not offer that option only to the Scout class as a specialization.

I understand though that this would affect the current balance of the game (especialy now that you introduced night levels) so this is why I am at least asking for it to be less noticeable as the player levels up.

2 Likes

I wish you’d only start clicking when standing still, not when moving.

3 Likes

Idk man… clicking when playing with top tier FTs is a handicap that is really not needed given that these players can spot you anyway, even as a Scout with “Disciplined” specializaton and even on Night levels.

One of the few advantages that Predator players have in comparison to the FT is that if you take the time to scan each FT member while in thermal vision, then you have a really good image of where they are at all times even inside buildings.

But scanning takes time and if you start clicking, then its impossible, because top tier FTs know exactly where to shoot.

For me high level Predators should be absolutely quiet.
Oh! and wear Nikes with air soles instead of space sandals!

Would be great to have a perk and/or passive that reduces noise overall (clicking and footsteps).

Wish crouching removed footsteps all together

3 Likes

I agree with the noise reduction at a higher pred level for sure. But to remove it all together I think would be a little much imo. I appreciate the balance of using the disciplined perk honestly. I main the exiled pred with disciplined and I think that extra level of stealth is fair. The footsteps are what bug me to hell. I agree with 626, crouch walk should remove footsteps entirely. Or maybe a ninja perk to significantly quiet the footstep noises

2 Likes

Totally agree and reduce the noise of walking steps.
And I dont know if you 've noticed, while standing still, if you rotate in place, it causes the predator to slightly adjust his footing as his body is turning and also produces stomp noises!

images (7)

images (4)

Ever since the Disciplined specialization became available I made the Scout class my main. I was using hunter up until then thinking it was the most well balanced of them all,
but I found out that the Scout advantages are better suited for my style. Only thing I miss are bear traps.

But when I come across a Playstation FT I always switch to Hunter especially if the match is on a night level, just to give them a fair chance of spotting me by my clicking noises.

So it could be a system like this, if a Pred player with high level gets matched up against players with far lower level and XP, the predator is noisy as usual, but if every player’s level (both FT and Predator) is more or less the same (or if the predator’s is lower than the FT) then I think it would be ok to have clicks partially disabled (the amount of click reduction based on the current level of the pred player).

1 Like

How about winning every match against PS teams and latety even random PC teams (not premades)
Is that gud enough?

PS teams easy

download (8)

2 Likes

Ofcourse.
All I am saying is that at a higher level, there is no comparison.
Pred players just run for their lives against premades and maybe this could be balanced by making the pred more stealthy.

The title of this thread is not clear, but I dont mean be stealthy from level 0, but rather reduce the noise the Predator makes, as the pred player becomes more experienced (Higher levels)

How would that make the game fun

Noobs have even worse chance of winning

Yep.

Nothing urks me more than thinking I’m trying to just simply look, when my predator is doing the shuffle and making all the noise in the world xD

2 Likes

Are you a noob?

Maybe

Just had a decent match as jh vs 3 support and 1 recon

The disciplined specialization removes clicking while cloaked

I would say that this should be part of the new Predator balance overall. Its insane that you can hear a pred running or clicking from across the map, the sound is insane. Sound distance needs to be reduced overall for better Predator stealth experience.

1 Like

So it’s unanimous. 2.34 will have all of this.