Reduce the movement speed of a Fireteam member that gets netted.

It makes no sense for a FT member to maintain their normal speed when they are trapped inside a net.
It should at least be a perk to be able to maintain your speed when netted and not available to all by default.

2 Likes

bad idea the netgun is already the “I win the 1v1 tool.” it doesn’t need any buffs aside from becoming a 5 cost gear item

(also keep in mind illfonic is on holiday right now until the 6th? of january so any post you make right now is getting ignored and i don’t know how far they look back for posts)

The netgun does not guarantee at all that you win a 1 vs 1 especially when people seem to break out of it in 2 secs flat.

Regardless of that, I 've been using it for over a year and I find it still hard to use.

It requires short distance from the target which implies 2 things,

1. receiving a lot of damage
  2. your FOV becoming really narrow as you press the button to aim,
    which combined with the “Double time” perk (faster movement) that most premades seem to use,
    makes it really tricky to not lose sight of your target.

Even if you manage to land a shot, the FT member can run frantically around the pred and manage to evade most of the melee attacks.

Not only it makes no sense for the player that is netted, to retain his usual crazy fast speed,
but also given that you are launching a net at them, the hit box of the projectile should be A LOT more generous.

If these 2 things would happen, I wouldn’t mind if the netgun had 6 shot in it,
instead of 15 or whatever it currently has.

1 Like

Decent idea from my view as a city hunter/jungle hunter/captured tactition netter myself

But if u look closely, the net only covers the top half of ft, not legs so that wouldn’t really affect movement. I can try and get a picture tomorrow

So I also disagree

Its called a mcro - almost all “elite” PC ft are using it

2 Likes

that’s not only a buff - it would give pred ability to carry 3 extra weapons reather than 2. Imagine a Valkie with bow, axe AND netgun… Jesus Christ almighty…

netgun isn’t a weapon it does the same thing as a beartrap

Well… yes and no…
Actually no and no
Its fires a range projectile, just like the bow, pistol or plasma caster. It kills pigs and AI, also low health FT will get downed with it. Its a weapon/tool

wrist launcher fires a low dmg projectile as well the netgun isn’t primarily used to kill people the wristblades or your melee weapon you swap to is

netgun prevents people from harming you utility not a weapon

it’s a gear item
with your arguement the wrist launcher is ment to be a weapon not al gear item cause it also kills pigs and ai

the bear trap also kills ai and pigs and can kill ft is it a weapon?

I have to agree with you
Lets meet in the middel and say its a weapon