Reflecting on life, and just found a gem from my childhood.

Dear all,

I’m going through boxes of my stuff in preparation for an international move.

To help put this in perspective - I’ve moved around a lot throughout my 15-year career in the hotel industry, having lived in four states with a stop or two in my home state in-between, and have always been a “go with one bag and leave the rest of my shit with my parents or in a storage unit” type of guy.

Now, on to the good part - I’m opening boxes that are essentially time capsules. Some things are cool and heart-warming, like gifts and birthday cards from my deceased brother.

Some are quite sad, like personal effects of an absolutely perfect Vietnamese girl that I was too young to appreciate and should have married when I had the chance. That ship sailed long ago; she left, at my insistence, and never looked back. I think it took me three years, if not longer, to get over that heartbreak once I realized what I had lost.

Some are just embarrassing - like why did I own so many fucking white polo shirts, and who in their right mind wears a distressed canvas belt? Age isn’t an excuse. Get a goddamn leather belt, a pair of matching or close-to-matching leather lace-ups/oxfords, and start doing cocaine like an adult!

But, probably the thing that has made me just stop and enjoy this moment for the sheer nostalgia - a Pikachu edition GameBoy Color that I must’ve gotten for Christmas when I was 10 or 11. I can’t quite remember. In the same box, within the same bag, I found Pokémon Red, Blue, and Yellow - which I find bizarre because I was JUST talking about those games the other day on this very forum.

I booted that bitch up, and on Red, I ain’t got shit. On Yellow, I’m just a little bit past the beginning.

On BLUE, however, I’ve got the Pokédex completed - 151 Pokémon MOTHERFUCKER - Mew, as well - 40 hours of game time, and I was quite obviously doing the Missing No. glitch the last time I played, which must’ve been 20+ years ago.

Time has gone by so fast. Time will continue to go by quickly, for all of us.

Cherish all of the time that we have on this earth. Even if we don’t know what comes afterward, we at least know that our purpose in this life is to be good to one another.

I’m going to fight the Elite Four now.

Love,
Khi

3 Likes

Just don’t bring her back to the states

I’ve heard many a horror story on this

Also

Tomagachi>Pokemon

2 Likes

Can’t believe it still works. Gameboy colors could probably survive nuclear fallout lol

2 Likes

I’m the steerage in the relationship.

Her family is descended from European nobility and they have the wealth to show it, and I’m a kid who’s family had their electricity shut off when he was 4 so our Christmas tree couldn’t light up.

It’s not a scheme to get papers. 😂

Don’t say I didn’t warn you 🤪

1 Like

It works perfectly and is, as far as I can tell, in like-new condition!

Alright, I won’t. 😎

1 Like

I forgot to mention - there is a fucking street named after her family in the capitol.

😂😂😂😂

1 Like

You’re such a gold digger 🤪

1 Like

Yeah, and whenever someone says she’s only with me so she can get American citizenship, she corrects them and says she’s only with me for my body. 😂

1 Like

Well you picked a good time to get out of the country

Looks like it might get real ugly over here

1 Like

I hope not, for the safety of my family.

Peace always prevails in the end.

1 Like