Remaking Running Man and Turner and Hooch

Why???

1 Like

I see edgar Wright is directing running man? Or maybe just writing it? Could be interesting . also they are remaking planes , trains and automobiles with will Smith and Kevin heart

Running man is a cheesy classic for sure , I keep forgetting its Stephen king . Big trouble in little China is on the chopping block aswell with dwayne Johnson? 🙄

They ran out of original ideas back in the 2000s. Now it’s remakes and translating comics to big screen.

1 Like

They definitely didn’t run out of ideas, they just got scared of taking risks. Big risks used to mean big rewards… like, yknow, some beefy dudes in a jungle fighting a space alien.

Its funny because by playing it safe and constantly reusing existing IPs, they’re causing massive disinterest.

Its high time for a ‘clowns vs mimes’ action flick.

3 Likes

Your right actually…I rescind my statement.

Major production companies have given up on new ideas in favor of a quick buck. Indie and streaming companies are taking the risks and winning big.

1 Like

I think theyre falling into the same kinda trap though. Like Netflix made some waves with original content like stranger things, then kinda doubled down on woke culture and producing movies with needless political undertones.

Ugh, the state of the American entertainment industry is definitely in the shitter right now. We need another John carpenter.

2 Likes

Independent studios still take risks

As far as these remakes go I don’t see how they can top the originals but I’ll hold my judgement until I see more

Its been like this for awhile just now major production companies are pretty out of touch with what people want to see.
Indie films and stuff from small studios have always been risky unique movies. The only thing that’s really impressed me from a big companies are passion projects like kaiju films (which are expensive with a niche audience) and Marvel turning no name comics into a big thing, like guardians of the galaxy was risky as hell. The average movie goer paying to see a talking raccoon and a tree from a comic they’d never heard of?

1 Like

The Total Recall remastered blu ray has a pretty sweet documentary on the Carolco movie studio that brought us Rambo, Terminator, Red Heat, etc. the studio just left the directors to make their movies as long as they stayed under budget. End result was we got all these amazing action movies in the 80s.
It’s fucked how there are only 6 media conglomerates controlling everything now. You can’t even make a good sequel (think Alien Covenant or The Predator, Rambo Last Blood or Terminator DF 🤮). Who knows if we’ll ever get a culture of creativity back.

1 Like

I think we will it’s just they will be far less frequent than the glory days

Makes me appreciate the classics all the more

Remaking Planes, Trains… with an “alternative” cast. Fucks sake…

1 Like

Oh yeah I’d forgotten about Big Trouble being remade with niche-action-chequebook, The Rock, starring.

Dudes makes 10 movies a year. They all suck. Somehow he keeps getting roles.

Dumb fucking Hollywood trying to clone past successes with cardboard assets.

⬆️ I’m with this dude ⬆️

Plus, he likes turtles

1 Like

We’re supposed to be living in an amazing time. Imagine being told 30 years ago that you’d have movies, gaming and music on tap electronically.

Back to the Future 2 didn’t prepare us for woke politics, did it?

1 Like

Skyscraper was basically a die hard remake . All they are doing is confirming the 80s and 90s had the best movies

No, just ugly fashion.