Remember this?!?

I just got my ass handed to me on level 2! These old games were so friggin hard! I love them.

6 Likes

I enjoyed the AVP overhead RTS game

1 Like

Video

Maybe tomorrow evening. But here’s a link to some gameplay. Idk how this guy started with 9 lives though. I only got 3 🤣.

2 Likes

Was that on ps1 or 2? Called extinction or evolution? 1 of those was a really legit android game.

Yes and I hated it

I played the arcade game first and was blown the fuck away

Then when I saw it at blockbuster I rented it only to be severely disappointed

I hope arcade 1up makes one for this

4 Likes

Extinction lol it was ps2 and original Xbox

1 Like

I used to have that game and loved it as a kid. I rebought it several years ago but it was stolen when I left it at a friend’s house. I just got the Capcom Home Arcade and it has the original AvP.

1 Like

Same. I still own it. Part of the collection. But, dang, I miss the arcade version.

1 Like

Holy smokes, I need that!!

In my opinion Capcom did the best for the AVP franchise

2 Likes

I’d call it a tie with Avp Evolution, the Android game. It’s an actual solid title. If it had been on consoles, say ps2/3, we all would’ve shelled out for it, but it was only $5! And like $3 extra to get the Pred-alien and Chopper pred dlcs.

I have owned Alien 3 Sega Genesis, AVP2 PC, AVP2010 Xbox 360, AVP Extinction original xbox. My favorite would be AVP2010. Alien 3 was cool though, AVP2 controls were really wonky, AVP Extinction was good when I could swarm the entire map after I built up an entire army of alien’s or Predator’s XD

I never got to play either of the Pc AvPs. We couldn’t afford a good pc back in the day. I have 2010 and still play it here and there. Also have Avpr on Psp, Evolution on phone and tablet, Avp for snes, Concrete jungle on Xbox, Isolation on ps4, PHG obviously. If I ever get a worthwhile pc again, I’ll get them on steam or Gog. I onlynllayed extinction for a little bit. I’m terrible at strategy games. And (siiiiiiiighhhh…) I did play Colonial marines for about 15 minutes. It was awful. Makes PHG with all its faults look like a COD or Far cry.

Oh, I forgot about Alien Isolation I have that on PS4 and the DLC’s too and Colonial Marines on Xbox 360 and played concrete jungle on original xbox

I still remember going to the arcade in 1995/6 and it, along with MK2 and Terminator 2, instantly became one of my favorite games. The Snes version couldn’t compare but honestly I had a lot of fun with it when it came out.

The animal alien bosses like the snake, bat, and ape aliens were creative. Kenner made a line of Alien figures in the 90s that were animal based and that generally fit with the AvP mythology of the time, as we had all seen the dog alien in 3.

If I were to get another SNES I would def. include the game in my collection, even if just for nostalgic purposes. But as a kid the Arcades of the nineties were like sacred spaces to me and the lack of internet made every game seem so unfathomable. Nothing will ever top the AvP Arcade game for me.

1 Like