Scanning Rework

The Scanning feature is one of the great things that Predator players have on their side. However, I think it could be improved/upgraded. Here’s how, hear me out;

Instead of just having the standard red diamond icons it would be more beneficial for the icons to represent which class the Fireteam player is using. Certain classes are more valuable targets than others. When I’m analysing the Fireteam, I’m looking out for the typical snipers (Recon/Scout) as well as Field Medics. If I was able to discern which player was which when I scan them it would allow me to plan my attacks better and focus my approach on the players that pose the most threat to me.

This could be done by using different symbols or different coloured diamonds for the different classes, maybe with supplementary symbols/colours to highlight particular dangerous players running specific weapons and perks.

Something like this would break the current muscle memory and bring a fresh new approach to the Predator playstyle, and I’m sure would be as welcome as new weapons and classes are.

Any thoughts guys?

@OldKingHamlet @Courier

11 Likes

I like this, I have a hard time at distance, especially in thermal, figuring out who’s what on the field. Especially with the way specializations change the strategy, it would be great to have a easier way to identify them without pulling up the map/scorecard

3 Likes

Agreed. I always check the scorecard at the start of the match so I can get an idea as to what I’m running up against. But in the actual match itself it’s hard to keep tabs on who is who unless they’ve got some wild and vivid customisations going on with their outfits. It would also help to preempt that hidden sniper player, you’d see the three Fireteam in the AO but notice the one symbol you can’t locate is the Recon/Scout which would usually indicate they’re hiding somewhere waiting to melt you with a SAWZ, allowing you to approach with caution and be extra aware.

1 Like

I mean even from a gameplay standpoint Preds have to plan, strategize and think more than FT, they should have the intel to do that.

1 Like

It’s about time they gave us the Falconer drone, with the ability to fly over the Fireteam and instantly scan them into our system.

2 Likes

It needs to actually start actually working too. A few times it wont scan even tho I’m fkn looking right at em.

Would be cool if we could see how much gear and ammo they got left too.

4 Likes

That too. It’s inconsistent as fuck, and the line of sight only needs to be blocked for a millisecond by a tree of something and it has to start all over again. Maybe buff the scanning speed?

1 Like

That and the range the scan stays locked on.

1 Like

So a different symbol for all ft classes?
Assault could be skull
Recon can be binoculars
Scout can be s foot in the running position
Supporter can be a health symbol or even just a body armor symbol

1 Like

Yeah, something along those lines. Anything that helps differentiate the players and track priority targets. Maybe just have the diamond colour correspond to their colour on the team, that way you could use the information on the scorecard to identify who is who and go from there.

1 Like

True

Just watching Predator 2, and what we are missing with the thermal vision is the option to zoom in and out. Being able to zoom in while in thermal would greatly improve the ability to scan the Fireteam.

Illfonic: That’s a nice idea. Here have a new useless melee weapon and some shaders, Good bye.

2 Likes

It would be cool if it showed thier HP, ammo count, AI kill count and perks

Of course this would have to have a toggle

I don’t know if it’s intentionally designed this way but when they’re fire team is mudded up I can scan them if I hold down the aim for my net gun and hover the name over them

You can see their AI kill count via the scorecard during the match, and the amount of blood on their bodies is indicative of how much health the have left so there’s that for a visual cue. Once scanned you will see their XP in real-time so you can work out who’s putting in the most work and who’s most valuable. Thats really all the Predator needs to know, the hard part is working out who is who especially on a squad where there are multiple of the same classes or those squads that wear the same outfits. That’s why I suggested the symbols or colours to make them identifiable according to their colour on the squad roster. The four red diamonds that we currently have just need a little tweak/improvement and it would change the whole Predator mindset/approach alot.

@Splat I believe you can still scan them when they’re mudded up, but don’t quote me on that. Once they’re fully scanned in, then you’ll always be able to quick scan them back when within a certain range.

And a zoom option in thermal, like the movies, would allow for scanning at safer distances. Just depends on the skill and competencies of the Devs…

2 Likes

I just want a more elaborate thermal vision with more utility

Like target tracking/lock on

Infared laser for plasma caster making it invisible to FT

Really I want the mask to have more functions

I want everything to have more functions

In Predator 2, the smart disc uses homing technology (hence the Smart weapon label). It would be so sweet of we could select a Fireteam player by aiming the disc at them, throw it and as long as they’re within the range of its flight it just homes in and gives them a nasty cut…in half😈(or at least takes half their health). But again, that would be down to the competence of the Devs and being able to program such a feature. It can’t be too difficult, surely 😏

1 Like

It would be cool if you could target multiple AI then when you shoot it fires at each one in rapid succession

1 Like

You can scan them when they are mudded up it just takes a bit longer.

1 Like