Second bio mask in gear slot

So 2nd time its shot off its gone for good

Seems fair.

While I can’t think of any Predator that carried two masks, we do have an example of a breather being used.

City Hunter carried it in Predator 2 where he presumably gets some sort of stimulant from it. You could explain the second mask as being a modern version of this piece of equipment. That when destroyed the Predator can activate this smaller mask to give some mild functionality back. Make it a gear so that way the Predator can select it. If you keep breaking the mask you can have a second less advanced version to hold out the match with.

• limited thermal (energy usage is more intensive)
  • isolation takes longer to recharge
  • due to the stimulant stamnia recharges quicker
  • due to the stimulant the Predator can attack while in second wind
  • due to the mask being less durable it comes off easier than the other
  • would not be affected by perks to hold more gear

So the player would retain some functionality of the mask and make it useful to have in builds is you constantly break the mask.

Alternatively when the mask is destroyed the player can switch to the Predator’s natural thermal vision. So when mudded up, players are marked in blue on the Predator’s vision. The sounds are heightened so you could use this as a way of tracking FT through gunfire but you loose target isolation.

1 Like

It’s actually the fact that, while a Yautja can breathe the air of Earth, they thrive more on I believe it was a higher nitrogen content [according to some sources] City Hunter not only lost his bio, but also was suffering heavy damage at the time, likely to his lungs.

I’d assume he was just getting a more nitrogen rich mix from his rebreather.

I do like your idea for a potentail second ‘backup’ mask, but I’m also fine with the system as it exists now.