Self-Revive Syrette Not Working When Button Pressed

Hello. I’d like to report a bug which is causing the Self-Revive Syrette gear item to not function. Some details of the bug are below:

PC or PS4?

I am a PC player. My rig’s specs include:

• CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K
  • Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 Designare

Additional details can be provided upon request.

Screenshots or videos

I uploaded a brief video to YouTube. However, the forum software is not allowing me to post links since I am a new user, so … you’ll have to take the following “link” and reformat it: (https)://(www).youtube.com/watch?v=PEKv0UH780o

In the video, you can hear me mashing the “T” button as the prompt indicates. I also try holding the button towards the end of the video, but to no avail.

Be Descriptive

I have the Self-Revive Syrette set as one of my gear options on a Fireteam loadout. When I am killed, a HUD prompt appears telling me to press “T” (my “Interact” button) to activate the Self-Revive Syrette. However, no amount of pressing or holding this button or any other button causes it to activate.

My intuition suggests that this may be because I am not using the default key for either “Interact” or “Use Gear.” However, changing my keys to the default key is not a viable option for me as I use one of the default keys for my normal movement (I don’t use the WASD cluster and it would take me a lot of time and effort to try and retrain myself to use it). I have the button “T” set for “Interact” and the buttons “V”, “C”, and “X” set to “Use Gear 1 / 2 / 3” respectively — I do not have anything bound for the generic “Use Gear” or the “Next / Previous Gear” buttons, since I just use the gear slots directly. I do not have any keybinds double-bound to multiple functions, either.

In the video, I am playing on the new map with the caverns, but the bug occurs on all maps and on all of my loadouts with this gear item equipped.

Note that this bug report is NOT about a crash — I see other bugs reported concerning crashes when using the Self-Revive Syrette but I have not experienced any crashing … it just doesn’t work for me at all.

I’d be happy to provide any additional details or take any diagnostic steps you’d find useful for debugging this issue.

Hope that helps. Thanks for taking a look!

For anyone who reads this, I did a little testing, and setting a different button for “Use Gear” (as opposed to “Use Gear 1 / 2 / 3”) makes this work. Apparently, not having that button set causes the prompt to fall back to the “Interact” key, but pressing the fallback key doesn’t actually work.

So now it works … well, sometimes. Now I do see the other bug that many people are reporting, where I experience crashes upon using the item. But only sometimes.

1 Like

what do you have it set at. Currently its messed for me when equipped with the SRS on Gear 3. Everything seems to work just fine without a SRS. ie armed with either grenade or smoke grenade, but when SRS is armed its not working.

So i’m trying in privvate matches to test, and grenades to kill myself ends up with me not even having any prompt as i had before!

NOTE: Found out the USE GEAR bind is at the bottom of the list and is used for SRS.