Self-Sacrifice for reinforcments.

I’d like to know, what do you think about this?
Because when you’re out of ammo and there is no ammo crates in sight, is this a practical option? When there are like two left in the FT and the Predator is gud? Or is it a last resort? Sometimes, I find myself doing it early, blasting a barrel and crawling into that fire.

• acceptable
  • Not acceptable

0 voters

It’s unacceptable in that it’s abusing a game mechanic. I’ve done it myself, I know others that do it. There’s also the deliberate self downing so that a Field Medic can revive you with extra health if you’re out of packs and stims. Basically, it’s cheap and tasteless tactics.

2 Likes

I do EVEN IF the chances of that player (gud or potatoe FT member) is somewhat (not that close to) the radio. Its my gamble i like to roll the dice.

Killing yourself cause your out of ammo or resources and then to rely on your teammates to reinforce you is cowardly imo, fight to the bitter end dont cop out, you have a knife, Your putting your team at risk even if its a bad or good team. That could turn the match in the predators favor or win match for them, that gives them an opening if your down or dead prematurely.

All is fair in war

4 Likes

God coming from both dead by daylight and siege I hate opinions that certain strats are inherently bad/cowardly/toxic

Shh don’t mention that one time I downed myself at 10 hp to get more hp upon pick up xD.

1 Like

Its abusing a mechanic but its the meta thing to do otherwise you’re putting yourself at a disadvantage via having less resources. Red barrels are for killing yourself. Staying alive with 0 syringes while a guy is waiting at the radio for you to die is gimping yourself and your team.

2 Likes

Technically the only time I do this is when there’s me and another random left and he ran for the reinforcements. In that scenario I push obj hard while at the same time try to get the pred to take me down late enough that I get reinforced.
Other than that, even when I know it’s best, I don’t. It’s cheap

what do you mean by “self-sacrifice”? Shooting a red barrel and bleeding out? Or engaging the Pred to distract it while the team is being reinforced?

If the later one, then yes, I consider it a completely acceptable tactic. If the former one then no, you are stupid.

3 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

Also, here is a scenerio:
You’re downed most of your primary and secondary weapon ammo and your potatoe team meat hits the reinforcements radio because your FT lost 1 potato. Predator is nowhere to be found. What do you do?
Travel on trying to find illusive ammocrates or down yourself in a barrel explosion in the fire in the 30 seconds you got?
What do you do ? What do you do?!

1 Like

Well I’d find an ammo crate.

Doesn’t mean i can’t defend the rights of those who wouldn’t.

Git gud and pick up a weapon from a weapon crate.

i’ll do that! Lesson learned!

1 Like

I’ve literally never ran out of ammo in a game now I guess I would do it if I felt like I absolutely needed frags/field syrettes

Nah fuk dat. If I’m that low on ammo we’re clear objective and there is another path to victory or I’m facing a great pred who earned his win. I’m pushing on

I never run out of ammo ever! I’m just that good and i never play with potatos.

forget about ammo crates. find medkits, heal up and hide until the pred engages one of your teammates, then melee the shit out of the pred