Shaders we’d actually like discussion

So I could be speaking out of term here, but I believe the community GENERALLY would like to see more practical shaders for predators. Like a weathered, or tattered amor shader. And obviously we all still want Jet black. You could have a glossy black and a Mat black. ALSO blood soaked, basically standard amor but you have patches of dry or fresh blood on your armor. Things like this, that look more in line with the classic idea of a predator apposed to all the glowing flashing shinny purple and pink stuff. But if anyone disagrees let me know

13 Likes

I’d like shaders that make the armor look like it has been used for a prolonged period of time

More importantly I’d like all new sets of armor

10 Likes

Make sure to move this to feedback

2 Likes

Good call lol

1 Like

Definitely want battle damaged armor for pred

3 Likes

@GrimmReaper is our forum shader fanatic.

Any ideas grimm?

1 Like

I’d like more customization tbh.
I really want a full body armor pred.

But a solid mat color would be cool.

3 Likes

More shaders like Apoc for the PDW would be nice, it looks used with a bunch of markings and rust. It’s my favorite shader in the game because of it.

2 Likes

I want steel blue, actual silver, not platinum or grey but silver, and most of all…BLACK!

3 Likes

I’d like to see 3 types of battle damage for pred (for both mask and armor):

1. Fresh: Standard/what we have now
  2. Light Damage: scratches, scuffs, and dents.
  3. Heavy Damage: deep gouges in the armor, bullet holes, heavier denting, chunks blown off/missing, 1 biomask eye is shot out.
  4. (Maybe) Reforged: Heavy Damage but bullet holes are partially filled, missing armor parts replaced/repaired, obvious weld lines, repaired biomask eye, bands/cloth wrapped around wristblade gauntlet and left forearm armor to hold it in place.

I’d also like to see pred body damage as well:

1. Missing Eye
  2. Slash Scarring
  3. Acid/Explosion Scarring
  4. Missing Finger/s
  5. Clan Blooded Marking
  6. Tusk/Mandible Ring
  7. Damaged Predlocks
5 Likes

Sage and Systemic need a proper armor pairing. Both of the supposedly matching armors are just more patterns that don’t really match the helmet. Imagine that cool dual-tone color on armors.

The patterns they use on the more unique shaders look pretty awful, and I’d prefer if my predator looked like a space alien than a soccer player alien.

They should also add new combinations of that style for both masks and armors. Like green/blue, green/purple, red/blue, purple/red, etc. Basically just recolor systemic a few times…

New predlock colors would also be appreciated. That marbled crimson could use a few recolors, as could elder predlocks.

2 Likes

Skirmisher_Armor

The Skirmishers are essentially Predators in their own right so I liked to see some inspired by their design (though not a rip off)

In particular the bandages wrapped around the guantlets liked @TheSenate mentioned

1 Like

Straight up give us a color picker for all the “camo” shaders so like ogre, glyphic warlord, etc all those give us a color picker for the primary and secondary colors

Why they decided to make them stagnant colors is beyond me

2 Likes

Preach

Worn looking armor on pred like in movies. Not all shiny and spotless. All black armor for pred too.

1 Like

Fireteam needs outfits like how Noland had in the movie Predators.
I always thought that Skirmishers were like Yautja’s as well.

3 Likes

A color scale where we can pick our own across the board (weapons, armor, skin/pattern markings, mask, predlocks, eyes) would do wonders for variety. Everyone would look nuts.

2 Likes

Would enjoy a “weathered/pristine” slider.

Dopeee

2 Likes

3 Likes

Like the elder predator mask shader?

1 Like