Share your hardware, graphics settings and FPS (PC Only)

So this game is really bad in performance and with every patch is seems to get worse or you need to change more settings to get at least decent playable FPS.

For a long time I got tired of getting random crashes because my GPU was constantly pushed 100% while still getting drops below 60 FPS so I set everything to low and got a nice 60 FPS experience, but now I’ve gotten tired of playing a game that looks like a GameCube era game.

So I adjusted my graphics settings and so far this is working for me to get at least constant 60 FPS @ 1080P and the game no longer looks like an 1990’s arcade

Hardware:

i7 3770K running at 4.5 GHz (O.C. - All cores run at 4.5)
16 GB RAM G.Skill @ 2400 MHz (using X.M.P.)
1070 Ti OC using MSI afterburner (around 200 MHz GPU clock boost and 450 MHz VRAM boost)

My graphics settings go as follows:

VSYNC = On
Motion Blur = Off
Anti-Aliasing Quality = Epic
Effects Quality = Epic
Foliage Quality = Low
Post Processing Quality = Epic
Shadow Quality = Medium
Texture Quality = Low
View Distance = Low

4 Likes

Ryzen 9 3900x cooled by coolermaster AIO water cooler
32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200
RTX 2800Ti
1TB intel NVMe m.2 SSD

4k resolution @ 60fps all settings on epic with motion blur turned on.

In high action it dips to 53fps although I’ve seen as low as 45fps with loads of NPC’s smoke and water on backwater map.

This set up should be slaying this game at 100fps.

The game needs optimising badly.

2 Likes

I tried running at 4K… got around 15-20 FPS on the menu. Laughable. hahahaha

2 Likes

i9 9900k 8/16 5.1 GHz OC
GTX 1070 OC (100+ Core / 450+ Memory VRAM)
16 GB DDR4 2666MHZ
500GB Samsung 850EVO SSD

Played on 1080P
Cinematic: 15-20
Epic: 30-35
Very High: 35-40
High: 40-45
Medium: 45-50
Low: 55-70

@IllFonic @Courier @OldKingHamlet

Please do something… my rig is perfectly fine running most tripple A games at 80 fps on high-ultra at 1080p with no actual fps drops what so ever…

This is outrageous as the fps performance keeps dropping with each update by 1-2 fps…

THE FPS is not really different with OC or NOT

But what i can tell you for sure what is different is like 10+ more Temperature it will do good for you for this winter…

Literally my cpu is at like 25-30%
GPU: Constantly 99%

2 Likes

2 Likes

Nais

Interesting that your performance is worse than mine even though your CPU is way better.

That confirms that this game isn’t heavy on the CPU but the GPU. Is also crazy how the performance decrease is so drastic on a single tier down on the GPU. The difference between the 1070 and the 1070 Ti is almost minimal. Now I get why people with RTX 2080’s can play this game somewhat decently.

1 Like

Ofc lol cause the devs fucking yoinked the money from what sony gave them as budget and bought like RTX QUADRO 8000 cards which run the games on 150fps on max at like 4k or something lmao… and usually they probably never even optimized it for PCs only made it so High end rtx cards get somewhat decent fps but even people with 2080s and 2080tis cant run this game which is not even in my opinion graphicly hungry… they run with 60 fps…

1 Like

And not to mention a 1070 is still powerful card capable of running 1440p at 60+ fps… still on some games lol… and it should technically run this game on cinematic at atleast 40-50 fps… but no its an actual slide show xD…

Just gonna be too pedantic, that although while those cards cost as much as a used Honda, they underperform compared to the gaming cards while gaming. The big deal of those is the precision of those calculations: No one will notice a pixel here or there having a slightly different shade of green for 1/60th of a second, but for deep learning models, errors can reduce effectiveness of model building. ANYways,

PC performance is complex. What I mean by that is my (now very old) home system:

i7-4770k, standard clock
980ti (SLI, but for the FPS numbers below I disabled one GPU)
16 gigs ram

Pushes 50-60fps in the tutorial map on Epic @ 1440p (Just ran the test now, and didn’t want to mess with a pub match while checking FPS). So while our GPUs are basically in the same tier, and my processor is massively slower than yours, my system performs well while pushing out nearly 80% more pixels per frame. What does this mean? Well, something is afoot and performance improvements are something we will continually look at, but there’s likely something, somewhere, somehow messing with the performance on your system. But, even though it may not be internal to our game, doesn’t mean we can’t try to figure it out.

On the other hand, I just formatted this PC, so as I reinstall stuff, I’ll be testing PHG to see if there’s any common apps that get in the way of performance, and there might be a clue somewhere.

PS if you want to see my system, I shared it here: https://twitter.com/IllFonic/status/1287114911328370693
And yes, those are three separate water loops. A custom loop would probably be wiser, but this works OK and each cooler has to only spin up the fan(s) it needs when it needs it. Plus most of this system is built from castoffs from buddies around the gaming industry :p

4 Likes

I think that custom loops are almost never “wise" from a price/performance pov, and your aios are better in terms of maintenance required (none) and safety…imho, better invest in a new gpu. If you sell those you ll probably be able to afford a 2080/2080s tier of performance (likely with better compute power and/or vram) by the time ampere and navi 2 are out

P.s. I loved my 4790k but now it’s really time to upgrade that Haswell man :D

• Model number: CUH-7000 series
  • Single-chip custom processor
  • CPU: x86-64 AMD “Jaguar”, 8 cores
  • GPU: 4.20 TFLOPS, AMD Radeon based graphics engine
  • GDDR5 8GB RAM
  • 1TB Hard drive
  • Approximately 295 × 55 × 327 mm (excludes largest projection)
  • Approximately 3.3 kg
  • BD × 6 CAV
  • DVD × 8 CAV
  • Super-Speed USB (USB 3.1 Gen.1) port × 3
  • AUX port × 1
  • Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) × 1
  • IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth 4.0 (LE)
  • AC 100V, 50/60Hz
  • Max. 310W
  • 5-degrees C – 35-degrees C
  • HDMI out port (supports 4K/HDR)
  • Digital out (optical port)

I only manage to get 1080p @15-30 fps

~like wha? How do you jump over the stairs?

• Windows 10
  • 7770K @ 4.5Ghz
  • GTX 1070TI 8GB
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • EVO 850 SSD (game is on it)

I will always dip below 60 on every extraction regardless of settings. Especially on Backwater where my frame rate can dip to low 40’s during an extraction. Why? Because the game’s spawn spamming brainless AI?!

The game seems to be running now even worse than it did just a few months ago.

1 Like

Yeah, a PC rebuild is a future plan, but wife isn’t working with the current environment, so I don’t have the money to build the system I want -_-

A really good pump, reservoir, and well thought out airflow would outperform these all in ones (as in, I could have a higher velocity pump, more efficient radiator, etc) but they’re less flexible, and a single pump failure could cause some solid problems across the whole system. But realistically, it performs just fine.

And I’m thinking about moving to a single high power GPU in my next build with a MATX case. Personally I really like the look of the Corsair 280x case right now. But that means new GPU, motherboard, processor, ram, cooling, getting an NVMe to replace the SSDs, etc. But, that means more $$$ than I can part with right now :p

Plus this still gets super capable framerates at 1440p in most current games. I think this gen of games will be the last for it, so I’m thinking I’ll do my next build on the generation of equipment after Ampere and Navi 2

1 Like

I mean i get like 80 fps or so with low-medium in TUTORIAL i will be honest… but in a real match or in just private my fps drops haaard… by hard i mean haaard… stutters occur for some reason…

I’m gonna go with 1440p 50 fps in Tutorial would be 1080p 80 fps in the tutorial that is…

But then again lets not lie each other at this point i want this game to succede obviously and not die due to poor optimizations… and as much as i think content is needed… i think optimizations come #1 and then Content later

Off topic im planning to build this upcoming parts PC

Ryzen 4900XT 16/32
RTX 3080Ti
32 GB DDR4 3600 - 4200 MHz
Corsair 570X RGB

Soo hopefully that runs the game atleast 100 fps at cinematic on 1080p

In all honesty, water cooling is mostly a cosmetic improvement unless you’re doing overclocking or your office ambient temperature is at 100F.

Hell, my i7 is OC 1GHz from stock and I’m just using a beefy air cooler without issues.

1 Like

1 Like

Alright. I get it. I can take a hint. I know when I’m not wanted. Poor PC players have to settle with a measewy widdle 50 fwames dewing extwaxtion?