Should cloak invisibility amount be seen by predator

Fully invisible or shaded, predator itself doesn’t see how visible he is to others, should it somehow be shown at Predators view how invisible his cloak is?

4 Likes

A little visibility bar/meter UI element would be nice.

4 Likes

after 3 second of standing still maybe 2, u will be completly inviz
and the cloaking device differ by the class itself.
berseker even if he stay still u could manage to see it.

1 Like

General rule of thumb is if you’re invisible, don’t move and crouch as Predator, the FT cant see you at all. They can be standing right next to you and still not see you from my experience if you’re not moving, unless of course you’re bleeding out green! However, if you’re crouching and start an action (i.e. heal) they can see your movement and I don’t think the Pred should get an indicator of how invisible he is, adds to the fun :)

Bug if you cloak and throw disc standing still your cloak will not be fully cloaked

I was thinking about this myself.

I read a while back that a predator who is still and in cloak isn’t rendered to the fireteam. I tested it and this is actually correct - even though the predator is still rendered with the cloak effect to the predator. I think there should be an icon which shows the predator is completely invisible to the predator because making the predator invisible to the pred is going to get disorienting.

I’m still not sure if it’s only a visual bug for the pred player himself, or does the fireteam see it also? Has anyone tested that yet?

2 Likes

Fun yes, but only for people whom have played enough to figure out game mechanics. This game has lot of mechanics which are not told but should because there is no manual for every detail on game. Predator should know tech he is using without figuring it out himself.

I think this would be a great idea and helpful👍

So yes predator will keep his cloak…
But if he jump cloaks and throws disc before 2-3 sec u can see his outline. Meaning he doesnt fully cloak

As already said, there are a lot of not fully documented game mechanics, so we did this for cloaking and myth busting.

Please have a look if you have any questions about stealth. Also feel free to post or DM us if you have any questions or a specific test you would like to see done.

Tested it yesterday.

Its pred side only. On the fireteam you’re completely invisible - but to the predator player his refracted image was still visible at his side.

Which makes things confusing.

I am all for the idea of an icon…maybe a closed eye above the predators head or something.

1 Like