Should FT be able to spot the Pred when 100% cloaked? (Spamming Spot button)

I bet it has happened to many of you, sitting still for 5 full seconds without even making a noise, but suddenly you get spotted because FT is spamming the spot button.

Wouldn’t it make more sense to not be able to be spotted if you are 100% cloaked?

• Yes it would make sense.
  • No it’s fine the way it is.

0 voters

This should not be happening. Take a video next time and make a thread in the bugs section.

2 Likes

the only way this happens is three ways

1: Fireteam literally saw where you went and you stood still so they just spotted you

2: Fireteam heard your clicking or you prepping a ranged weapon did lil spray and then spotted you (you can hear the plasma canon charging and the bow charging)

3: they see some environment detail that gives you away (branch movement plant sway) AI literally aiming at the predator sometimes (like the snipers who have Red DOTS that you can track like the caster lazer)

any other situation your encountering cheaters cause unless you stood on a camp rooftop for literally minutes there is not a situation where this happens and it’s not your fault

2 Likes

A lot of times they aren’t spamming. They just see you lol. They see the branch move, see the dust. They don’t physically see you but can deduce where you are

2 Likes
1 Like

Isnt the OP meaning that they shouldn’t be able to spot a completely still pred? Along the lines of they shouldn’t be able to just spot you by chance? The audio is not the preds friend in this game 😁

That is not the point though.
Regardless of what gave my position away, they should not be able to put a marker on me while I am in 100% cloak.
They should be able to put a marker around me but not directly on me.
And I remember at least 2 recent incidents where I was doing nothing to give my potision away,
just standing in place, observing for a good 5 seconds (in one case i was on the ground behind a tree!) and I got an out of nowhere spotted, no motion tracker, no UAV, no nothing.

1 Like

You are missing the point I am trying to make.
I understand that there are ridiculously many things that can give away the position of the predator.
My point is that you should force the predator to move first and go out of 100% invisibility and only then the game should allow you to put a “spotted” marker on the predator.
Otherwise the game encourages people to spam the spot button in your general area until the find you without really knowing exactly where you stand.

Yeah exactly. I feel that the game shouldn’t allow people to spot the predator by chance. They should mark the general location where the sound is coming from and start shooting, or use all those nice toys Illfonic gifted to the FT and throw a camouflage blocker grenade or use a UAV scan.
So skill and not exploit.

Wasn’t it in one of the patchnotes , that a fully cloaked and still pred couldn’t be spotted?

Don’t know.
If it is, there might be an issue with the UAV scan sound not being played sometimes.

Just remove spotting in general because it makes no sense. But also it will never go anywhere cause there’s too many perks/specializations/classes involving it. All I was telling you, is they see you. Lol they aren’t randomly spotting and slamming the spot. Promise. They just see or hear you. The predator chirping is enough to pin point him.

2 Likes

Predator , general #1 ☝🏻 @JungleHound

Theres alot more bullshit in those patchnotes BTW 😄

I was clear the first time. I get that they can tell where my general location is. What I am saying is that from the moment im at 100% cloak, the game should not allow the predator to be spotted. The FT should force you to move first to go out of 100% invisibility and then you can be marked.

Shit,
I am pretty sure on one occasion we had just started the match, I jumped on a branch waited a good 4 seconds without doing anything, then I get a “spotted” alert and get shot after that.
The only thing that could have allowed that, based on what Illfonic says on those patch notes, is if a random AI shot me on my way to the FT.
That “and haven’t been damaged recently” part really sucks.

I have had it done to me and I have done it to people . I’m convinced at this point they put what people want to hear in the patch notes and either shadow nerf it or remove it completely.

Like how they had it in patch notes that pred can cancel boar eating , yet alot of longtime players can’t ever recall being able to actually do it .

There’s “fixes” in there that have been bugs since day 1 😄 like mudding up , tree mounting and others .

1 Like

Don’t forget the “netted but not netted” visual bug where even though you have successfully netted a FT member, if you are more than 2 meters away from that player, they appear to not be netted,

and the “can’t touch this” bug, where arrows go straight through people who are getting muddied up.

1 Like

Yeah , its amazing how efficient they are at this games functionality. Yet , people want to keep giving them money 🙄