Silencers

Read a few people saying they lower damage.

I’ve tested them against AI and found that I need exactly the same amount of shots with or without the silencer equipped.

Is this a myth carried away from other FPS or has anyone tested if there is a difference in the amount of bullets needed to deplete all the health on a predator?

I’ve also read that is pointless since even with the silencer the predator can still see sound indicators

So far I’ve had a lot of success with my recon loadout perking it up with Pig in Shit, Silent, Ice Cold and having all my weapons with silencers. I’ve had a lot of preds ignore me most of the match and more than a few walk right past me without engaging. Once they do spot me, however, they go relentless on me and ignore everyone else. Can any pred confirm some recons are very hard to spot?

1 Like

Silencers actually add damage while simultaneously spotting the Predator and making him owe back taxes. Op. Nerf FT.

1 Like

damage needs a range meter too, you can’t measure damage without it. I’m already through with silence…they do nothing for gameplay strategy whatsover. No point in being quiet in this game at all unless the objectives PROVE it. plus Guns without silencer sound more cooler!

1 Like

Can’t argue with that, LOL

2 Likes

LOL

I’ll link the video, but adding suppressors actually increase the time it takes to down the predator, thus reducing damage when equipping suppressors.

2 Likes

in this video we learn that suppresors increase the amount of time required to kill the predator while they don’t change AI dmg they do change predator dmg

1 Like

What I’ve found, against AI, is that damage is pretty even across all range. I believe the range factor plays a bigger part in accuracy than damage.

1 Like

recons are not hard to spot either in my experiance in fact as the predator i love the stupid people who pick the low hp classes cause that means i get to hit them one time with a headshot and they die
also keep in mind their is a perk called observant that completely negates mudding so remember that

2 Likes

And that why the meta is now let’s take the support class and give him the same perks as the recon and weapon

It’s been proven to reduce damage in multiple tests, up close at point blank it might not cause there is damage modifiers on weapons depending on range, but for those who have documented the testing it seems to reduce damage by maybe 10%

3 Likes

It’s a 10% reduction in damage.

1 Like

I’ve found that nearly all preds can’t see someone mudded up and not moving. They stay in their thermal vision too much. Preds will walk right by me, and observant only works on footprints. I don’t move, nothing to see.

And while It does take an extra shot to knock off a mask, the ability to not be founds lets me get that extra shot off, and plenty more.

And as has been pointed out with the impenetrable perk, the damage decrease only means up to five more bullets. FT weapons are overpowered, and the ability to negate AI alert, as well as hiding sound bubbles from the pred makes the silencers totally worth it.

1 Like

plus they look cooler, lol

I like mine a lot… my silencer I mean.

I did stop running one on my primary, not really necessary at this point, even for style points.

A lot has to do also with how you play. Some dudes are very good following the Predator with a weapon, I’m not, lol. So unless it is standing still waiting for me to empty a clip, I’d rather put 3 or 4 rounds of the revolver to scare him off than trying to empty an assault rifle clip on it. I am not good at that. So it varies from player to player. I’m not one who goes predator hunting, I do my objectives and if you stand in my way, you’ll get shot at. Unless you become such a nuisance that I have to put you down. Then I’ll chase you with my team.