So about Texas

When they started building homes did nobody say hey maybe we should insulate the homes and pipes just in case of a freak snow storm??? So your telling me all the contractors never thought about this possibility?

No lol.
The planets dying xD

80d9a64487fc7f951b234a225eaaed4b

1 Like

Sure the planet is dying but that doesn’t mean you dont plan accordingly when building a structure. Thats like me living in Cali and making my home out of cardboard cause its always hot. Let me know how that fire takes to ur cardboard house

What’re you implying I’d to cardboard?

1 Like

That texas fucked themselves by building shit homes and having shit infrastructure. Like there private power grid. Mhmmm

1 Like

Americans should also try building houses from bricks instead of wood. That way you won’t need to rebuild them after every storm or tornado or big bad wolf attack.

1 Like

While my heart goes out to the people affected by this stuff and I hope it ends soon, I also hope this will be a lesson to people everywhere to plan for the worst and hope for the best. An ounce of prevention and all that. Furthermore, I hope that now the people will begin to really scrutinize their leaders who didn’t take any precautions for this scenario. If people don’t get fired/recalled etc for this failure, it’ll just happen again and again.

Its cheap and was built a long time ago when it wasn’t 9 degrees in Texas. Kind of like how all the cable lines are made of copper from the 80s and there are third world countries with newer infrastructure than what the US has unless you purchase fiber line upgrades. Or heatwaves killing europeans.

That said we’re enjoying the snow, bursting pipes, and rotating power outages. Gave my neighbor some water bottles and everyones walking everywhere instead of driving, but otherwise it’s a relatively uneventful apocalypse in south texas. You’d think people would own fireplaces and emergency generators.

The actual killer is people trying to drive on ice right now.

2 Likes

Uneventful apocalypse huh?
Would you prefer zombies or alien invasions?
Maybe a demonic portal?

2 Likes

All of the above

2 Likes