So can we talk about armor styles?

I found it odd That we haven’t gotten different armors for Hunter, Berserker, and Scout classes which would add to making your predator feel unique than other main three class predators.

Put your thoughts in the comments about this.

Also where is the elite armor for predator since FT has a elite outfit.

4 Likes

I take it you haven’t heard about the alleged new pred armors coming in next update…allegedly

3 Likes

What do you mean?

1 Like

There were some leaks that were speculation to be elite armor sets for the preds.

Elite armor styles. We don’t know for who they will be but I am sure it’ll only be the original three classes. Maybe even Elder. HOWEVER! If they want to overhaul and give all current Yautja classes an elite skin…man that’d be fucking great

1 Like

Im hoping to just customize my armor set. Pick amd choose what I want off each pred

The only one I can really see besides the default three is Elder given his young appearance from the comics. Neca did a figure of it even.

For Jungle Hunter it would probably be the 2010 classic but given he was pre-order it wouldn’t make sense to make something a majority of the player base wont be able to access. You could have an unlock for the original helmet or the classic 2010 helmet being accessible but I don’t think you should need armor styles for that.

City Hunter never changes outfit on film unless we’re somehow getting his one armed appearance or a what if scenario where he has a replacement. One armed would conflict with animations unless we just overlook that. He could become a member of the Lost Tribe but then we’d have to figure out which one since all the ones who use the existing body don’t look that different and not all of them have a wrist blade (so Boar would be left out assuming they don’t ignore the lack of blades).

Elder probably could get one given the comics and Neca have represented a younger appearance that’s different enough from what we currently have. It would also be another skin that shows a weapon mounted since his younger appearance has a holster for a smart disk.

The others unless Neca had an alt and they’d been sitting on other designs for the Illfonic originals I’d wager they’d probably be for the original 3 and maybe Elder.

1 Like

Keep in mind they may not be based on existing designs. Considering the Viking and Sam preds clearly ilfonics isn’t opposed to making their own versions. (Unless they are based on existing preds I don’t know about) While it would be great to see alternate armor based on previous appearances, nothing is stopping them from filling in the gaps with their own designs. Or even using unrelated designs. There are hundreds of preds in the comics they could borrow from.

1 Like

For all leaks that have been found look no further than An Archive for all the leaks

Jungle Hunter (2010) would be for the public while Jungle Hunter (1987) for pre-order exclusive to make it fair for the player base.

It be cool to have this armor as an optoin.

Or some morr bone armor, just not the alphas kind.

Dude! Sweet you’ve asked!
Answer is Y E S – at some point we are getting more armour styles, at least for 3 default classes. How do I know? Well, because I’ve opened the game archive, extracted the models to my own editor and had my evil way with them XDDDD – no, but seriously, I was astonish to find that predator characters are not made out of single mesh. This is the case in AVP games (or, for that matter, most games out there) quz it boosts performance, saves time and money. In P:HG however, all pred characters have their own separate body, netting and armour meshes (armour is made out of detailed individual peaces, it goes down to separate gloves and sandals…). Only logical conclusion here is – they are planning to take full advantage of this and add more armours – otherwise it makes absolutely no senses at all to make all those detailed assets, spend thousands for graphical design phase and sacrifice some performance.

1 Like