So I just finished Silent Hill 2 for the first time...

And I absolutely adore it. There is so much to love about this game from the soundtrack to the atmosphere to the story and the characters. It is a fantastic game that I will be replaying again to get the other endings. That said I did have a few problems with it. The camera could be a bit disorienting at times when going into other rooms and it was a bit awkward to get used to. The other problem I had was in some sections the game was incredibly dark. Not dimly lit areas but dark to the point where I can’t see anything and it made it unfun at times. But with all the other pros this game has and considering its age, I can easily overlook these things. After completing the game I can safely say that Silent Hill 2 has made it’s way into my top favourite games of all time. And for those that haven’t played it I definitely recommend giving it a shot.

2 Likes

The only silent hill game I completed was Downpour which I really enjoyed

I have the hd collection on 360 but haven’t used that since I got a ps4

1 Like

Haven’t played SH2 yet. Thats been on my back log for like 20 years now. Glad to hear you enjoyed it and that the game has aged well. Have you played the RE2 remake? Its pretty good too.

1 Like

Should play silent hill 3 now

Unless you already have

1 Like

I’ve not played downpour.

You can find the HD collection on PS now. Either way I definitely recommend playing the second game some point. It’s a damn good game.

1 Like

I think I played a bit of the demo for RE2. I’ve been thinking about getting it so I’ll definitely check it out again.

I’ve played a small amount of it but I’m definitely going to be play it fully some point.

1 Like

It’s an amazing game. Watch this and you’ll appreciate it even more.

1 Like

Finished it back in the ps2 days and recently gave it another whirl on the remastered version

One of those rare games that stays with you for life 🙏

1 Like

SH2 is an amazing game with a beautiful soundtrack. I hope you didn’t play it on the HD collection though, if I’m not mistaken that was a pretty bad port nonetheless if you haven’t played them try out SH1, 3, origins, and homecoming as well.

1 Like

Absolutely man. It’s a fantastic game. Story is still stuck with me.

Yeah the soundtrack is phenomenal. I played a bit on PS2 but I think my copy is busted. Gets stuck on an infinite loading screen when I enter the hospital. I had to play the rest on the HD collection on PS now sadly. I’ve started to play a bit of 3. I’ll have to see if I can get my hands on 1 some point. I’ll check out videos of origins too.

1 Like

Damn that sucks, the HD collection is alright but it’s just off with a bunch of the stuff from the original like the fog and water in SH2 for example it will sometimes just be completely transparent but I digress. To my shame I never finished all of 1, I got about halfway through then dropped it for some reason and never went back.

1 Like

What about this newer game visage which is a spiritual successor to PT?

1 Like

Can’t say I’ve heard of that one.

Every year I get my hopes up for a new SH. And then every year its nothing or they do some cross promotion with a completely unrelated game. Looking at you DBD.

2 Likes

Let’s just hope and pray those rumours about a new Silent Hill game being revealed at the game awards are true.

1 Like