Something about the Win-Lose Rate confuses me...

Hey everyone, hope ya’ll are having a fantastic month so far!

So here is the new observation that came to my attention. If a Predator who successfully detonates the self-destruct, the match doesn’t count as a Fireteam win, right? Ok, makes sense.

But it turns out that it isn’t a tie either?!

This is news to me and I’ve been playing this game and gaining knowledge of its innerworkings here since the beginning. I always considered the match a draw if a Predator self destructs and at least one Fireteam survives, and seeing how most of Fireteam runs away after killing it and survives, that means all those matches in the past turns out to be false draw if this is the case? So this means that this is a Predator win then!

What concerns me if this is the case is that balance is being judged with the win/lose data being collected throughout various matches. Its said that the win/loss rate on each side is 50/50, then there must be some kind of flawed oversight… this means there is an incorrect picture of the match results if the player base isn’t aware of the true outcome of the match? Which also in turn is giving incorrect info for the devs to work with? How is it Fireteam’s fault for unintentionally giving the Predator a win if they had no idea about this? Or is this information incorrect and its a tie after all?

Corrections for this information would be greatly appreciated. Hope any of the devs can help answer this too, as I know some folks here would be bad actors about telling me the truth. Much appreciated and I hope ya’ll have a good day!

1 Like

I’ve had a cold of 2 week and I wanna eat my cat

3 Likes

Tbh, this game lacks too many traditional gaming requirements to have such superficial technicalities. If the predator’s trash-ass manages to get downed by the Fireteam at all, it’s a loss and anyone that gets caught in his explosion just made a little oopsie–but the predator is still garbage and took a mighty L; no ifs/ands/buts. And while the hunter might have blown himself up successfully and KePt hIs HoNoR, his mate is now getting piped by a berserker back on Yautja Prime. This isn’t even a mainstream game so who cares?

PS: Disabling the self-destruct is a waste of time and has no worthwhile reward, giving more reason to say that the pred loses if he even gets downed since any FT group that understands this is just going to kill the pred and run off while he blows up. The only people who stay to disable the bomb just want to tbag the pred’s corpse and talk shit at them via mic (or doing the daily/weekly).

But it turns out that it isn’t a tie either?!

What is this based on?

Or is this information incorrect and its a tie after all?

I would hope so. Otherwise, any predator could “win” by knocking themselves down and self destructing in the farthest corner of the map.

Illfonic have stated on Stream is the past that it isn’t a Win for the Fireteam if the Predator is allowed to detonate their Wrist Computer so this means a vast majority of matches are being incorrectly labelled as some form of Predator Win by the system leading to their supposed near 50/50 Win-Loss data.

You’d THINK the game would be able to label it as what it is. A Tie. But it doesn’t. Despite the game allegedly being able to keep track of specifics in the match like what Loadouts are in-use and the average time before match end.

Personally I believe the actual Win-Loss ratio between Predator & Fireteam is in truth closer to 75/25 in Fireteam’s favour. Maybe even 80/20. But since the game isn’t cataloguing Predator KILLS/Downs as FT Wins but only whether or not they Exfil or Secure the Body, this means the vast majority of FT wins are being logged as Predator “Bomb Wins” and skewing the data closer to 50/50.

2 Likes

Get better soon meme master!

Come on baby!

We know this from the challenges as well. However, this does not mean it’s being labeled as a predator “win” either.

Unless explicitly stated by Illfonic, I won’t believe that a self detonation is a predator “win.” They may make some terrible decisions, but I can’t believe they would be dumb enough not to have completely separate data markers for every outcome.

Main Categories

• elimination
  • escape
  • self destruction
  • capture

Additional information could also be used by recording the number of predator kills vs survivors and if reinforcements were used. Predator damage vs Fireteam damage should also be considered.

It’s possible that when they said 50/50 win/loss they may be referring to only “elimination vs captures.”

1 Like

I’ve always considered it a FT win if at least one survives, because then that’s a classic 87 scenario. Any more than that, is even better. And my basis on that is simply who’s alive and who isn’t. Is the Pred alive and the FT isn’t? Pred wins. Is the Pred dead and at least one FT isn’t (either by escaping the blast radius or exfiling before explosion)? FT wins. I like to consider when both Pred and at least one FT is alive but exfils a tie.

Ouch, hope you bounce back from that soon. I got a dry heavy cough going on myself and its annoying as hell. Btw, if you are going to eat your cat, can I have your Popeyes then?

True, which is why I wanted this info to be cleared out from me as I recall that some people said that one of the devs stated it is a Predator win if he self detonates as he preserved his honor via honorable suicide. I can see how someone can be possible to be viewed like that, but its also such a bad decision to mark it as a Predator win due to the very fact that Fireteam survives but also the Predator does not leave thier tech or body behind to be exploited. Again, do you blame anyone that thinks the end result of that match is a draw? Not at all, and I hope its counted as a draw. \

1 Like

Actually I think as long as all the fireteam are dead the predator wins.

well, obviously. but the semantics i think are more about what constitutes as a FT win or draw. does a detonation mean a pred win, even if one or more FT is left alive? or is that a FT win? because the devs can say whatever they want, but in 99% of any game out there, if its one side vs. another and if one side loses by any means, its a win for the other.

I got you homie

1 Like

I get more xp points for at least attempting to disarm the bomb instead of running away even if I die in the process. So even if it’s a loss, it feels like a win to me.

In my personal view I consider a degree of win and loss, especially if reinforcements are used.

No Reinforcements
Elimination 4 kills - Absolute win for Predator

Timeout with at least 1 kill - Weak predator Win

Timeout No Kills - Draw

Self Detonation and all Fireteam are killed - Draw

Self Detonation with survivors - Weak Fireteam win

Escape solo - Moderate Fireteam win

Escape 2 or 3 - Strong Fireteam win

Escape Full Team - Absolute Fireteam win

Capture body - Dominating Fireteam win

Reinforcements Used
Elimination 7 kills - Dominating Absolute win for Predator

Elimination 4 to 6 kills - Absolute win for Predator

Timeout with at least 4 kills - Strong predator Win

Timeout with at least 1 kill - Moderate predator Win

Self Detonation Successful - Draw

Escape 3 or less survivors - Weak Fireteam win

Escape Full Team - Strong Fireteam win

Capture body - Absolute Fireteam win

1 Like

My understanding is this:

FT wins when either they secure the body or at least one member exfils

Pred wins when FT does not win and Pred has at least one claim (killing a FT and not claiming results in a draw)

All other outcomes IMO are considered draw, but we do not have clear information on whether a bomb explosion is considered a pred win or not. Even if none survive the blast, the cut scene is the same, so my expectation is that it does not change the outcome. This is why I believe the game considers it a draw

The cutscenes kinda give away what the outcomes are:

Chopper escape - FT win
FT with body - FT win
Pred showing skull - Pred win
Camera slowly moving to horizon - draw
Chopper flying over explosion - draw

1 Like

This is how I would expect the developers to label the outcomes, at a minimum.

1 Like

In all fairness, this is kinda dumb. We obliterate preds on a daily basis and we rarely defuse because there’s not much to it in waiting 2 minutes killing dumb Ai. The reward is just not worth the wait. 200VT at most and about 1,500 XP. XP should be at least 10,000, specially for high level since it takes forever to level up, and VT reward should be at the very least 1,000. This will incentivize players to secure the body and, if the bomb explosion constitutes a draw (which I believe it does), it will give illfonic a more clear picture of actual win/loss ratios

2 Likes

There’s only one way to win, get all the trophies. Only earn 65% of trophies after years of being on it like JimHardToEarnTrophiesBaugh? Then, you lose every game by default.

1 Like