South China Sea Hunter is better than wolf

Change my mind

2 Likes

Not familiar with the south china sea hunter

An oil rig would be a cool map though

1 Like
3 Likes

Ok I haven’t even read the book but seeing as it’s 356 pages I’m going to have to side with you

It’s definitely on my list of future reads

Comics are better than movies anyhow

1 Like

The South China Sea book is ultra rare now. I think it goes for hundreds of bucks online. If anyone has a complete text or audio book of it please post your source.

3 Likes

Bummer

Well there are plenty of other books

“Nikolai, by now totally assimilated by the alien virus and no longer human, goes in search of the Predator, finding it preparing for its assault on Rath’s temple. Able to see the creature even while cloaked as a result of his infection, he engages it in a knife-fight. He fights well, but loses and is beheaded. Rath observes the duel and is alerted to the Predator’s presence, ordering his artillery to open fire on the area. Despite the ferocious barrage, the Predator escapes once more and launches its final assault on the temple, first eliminating the sniper potions in the raised towers before blasting a hole in the outer wall as a distraction while it infiltrates the fortress from the rear. The slaughter rages all night, but eventually Rath’s force of over a hundred men is wiped out. The Predator corners Rath himself in the temple’s central tower, and Rath shoots himself rather than become its victim.”

1 Like

To what end, author?

predator scratch is a resident evil virus? And there goes the novel off the rails as usual. And sign it all off with the token adamantium crafted bullet macguffin but whatever we’ve had worse

“The Predator takes off and escapes the island, docking with the cloaked mother ship. Too late, the Predator realizes Gustat has put his bomb back aboard its ship, and before it can stop him he activates it, obliterating the mother ship and all the Predators aboard.”

lol someone watched too much battle los angeles writing this. OP come on This makes city hunters fuck up look like childs play, might be the worst predator ever aside from him killing some third world pirates. If I can download a pdf somewhere ill read it.
Alien novels are slightly less cursed but they have their fair share of psychic kids ffs

6 Likes

Well yeah. SCS Predator played around with an army of almost 100 soldiers, stood still after taking a shitload of damage from so much and even then it took a trap from a “suicide bomber” with knowledge and anti-predator equipment to kill him. Best Predator from novels by far.

Wolf’s feats aren’t that great to begin it. Scarface from PCJ, Prince from AVP2, even Dark from AVP2010, all did better live to tell the story unlike Wolf.

I really wish I could play AvP 2, but alas I cannot

Apex(The Predator) from MKX is also good, but it’s a Fighting Game so it probably doesn’t count as much.

No laptop?

No laptop 😢

SPOILERS!

Onyx is DUTCH!

Does anyone know where to get Predator South China Sea book? It’s like £50 on ebay for a creased copy. I’d happily read on PDF or Epub if anyone could help me find it. I can’t find it anywhere physical or digital copy.

The story sounds really good, until the end. The level of incompetence shown in the final act is not believable.

Gustat is paralyzed and taken back to the vessel, where the Predator intends to tear out his skull and spine while he is still alive. Before doing so, the Predator takes off and escapes the island, docking with the cloaked mother ship that is hovering overhead to observe the hunt. Too late, the Predator realizes Gustat has put his bomb back aboard its ship, and before it can stop him he activates it, obliterating the mother ship and all the Predators aboard.

Why would the predator bring the whole creature back to their ship? The predator’s always tear out the trophy portion during the hunt. They might clean it at their ship, but they’re not going to bring back a live creature.

2 Likes

It currently ranges between $200 and 500

It doesn’t exist in any other form currently. It’s one of two ultra rare Predator books

Because the author watched too much Independence day.
Assassin dragged that whole kid back alive too instead of just the spine even with the new magic spinal fluid dna lore.

JH to this day is still the least incompetent pred, just some bad luck. Accomplished his mission without dying embarassingly and detonated.

1 Like

Yeah. It’s like the writers aren’t intelligent enough to think of a legitimate weakness, so they shoehorn some bullshit.