Specializations Discussion

Yes.

1 Like

Don’t you think ghost is inferior to stalker and analytic?

Ghost increases damage by 30% instead of 15% but only for the first melee attack when cloaked. So, you have to enter risky melee combat and it does not apply to combos.

2 Likes

Well with Ghost with the Heavy Hitting weapons it one shots anyone alot of the classes!

Elder stalker is only as effective as long as you have stamina control! Since the boost is only active at full stamina

And Analytic is only strong if you implement it the correct way!

So Ghost is definitely the best spec for a complete damage standpoint but is probably not the best all together the best might be vicious or Disciplined.

Idk I haven’t gathered enough personal info on all of them yet!!

I do like the big boy preds specs too! So I hve been testing out this parry counter build! Not giving details since its a work in process but I might make The big preds viable again against decent premades not top tier tho

1 Like

On the topic of detailed breakdowns, stuff explaining should be in the game in the first place, and the fact that things such as stats or detailed information aren’t in the game is Illfonic’ worst problem with this game, bigger than any bug or issue.

As for Predator Specializations? I think I have a few hot takes.

Stalker is awesome, but, like, it’s a rather easy way to play Elder. It makes sense given his stats and frankly it makes me yearn for his Pre-Rework stats when he was Top 1 Predator for an entirely different reason.

Not saying it should be nerfed now, but I am definitely conflicted over it.

Valkyire to me, is the pinnacle of PTW when it comes to Predator, and while the stats make her a considerable threat, her Specs are like a 777 in a slot machine. While basically all Classes regardless of faction have a Spec that they wouldn’t be caught dead using, Valkyrie literally has 3 whole Playstyles to go for, making her one of the most unpredictable characters in the game, at least to me. If anything, Savage should not be a Spec for her. It basically gives a faster/less tanky Pred like her a safety net to run in and claim.

While that being said, the fact that Alpha doesn’t have Savage (even though it would result in the same thing I have a grievance with) is a actual crime.

Predators need a 4th Spec if FT get a 4th.

not mine but definitely spicy: Any class should be able to take any kind of Spec.

2 Likes

Disciplined?
It’s good against average players but more or less useless against skilled fireteam members.

Vicious is indeed a very strong specialization and counters the fireteam’s medic specialization.

1 Like

Absolutely, ingame documentation is bad, especially regarding changes between versions.

I had no clue that analytic is a permanent boost. I thought it is useless.

SkooLBoY_SkePtiK’s
website

is the best resource. Illfonic did not even register this site.

What’s your experience with the valkyrie’s specialization? What’s the best build against skilled fireteams?

Ghost + fearless + battle axe or norse hammer won’t work since they will simply dodge.
Ghost + fearless + katana may work but you will receive critical damage when entering melee combat.

I doubt that savage is viable against such a team. They will shoot you into second-wind while claiming no matter. Or am I wrong?

Thus, fervent remains. Fervent works especially well against skilled fireteams since eliminating the first member is the most difficult one.

2 Likes

I actually don’t play Valkyrie as much as other Preds, (except Elder, which I consider to have dropped because while Ik he’s good, shit he’s top 1, there’s no real reason to run anything else than Stalker even when considered to Vicious and I don’t really play stationary like that.)

I’m pretty sure you can get away with putting on Impenetrable, Long Jump, and then Ironside for a real Savage Build that works with the Spec. A little less on damage but once you get someone down you’re healing whatever damage you took and you got Long Jump to work with Valk’s high Stat numbers.

2 Likes

Whatever damage you took? Are you sure?

I have just checked
www.predatorhuntinggrounds.com:

• Savage (Berserker, Valkyrie)
    • Quick claim restores 20% health.
    • Long claim restores 40% health.
    • Healing begins once claim animation is fully complete.
    • Healing takes 5 seconds to complete regardless of type of claim.
2 Likes

My feelings too. That’s why my main tryhard class is hunter - fervent.

I’m torn between these. Stalker is absolutely devastating, especially with Downrange, but Vicious is great for securing the kill.

Yeah. I don’t know. Savage is great if you can get a claim out of line of sight, but most good teams are going to be close together and will probably wind you. I would say, Savage is Berserker’s best specialization but Valkyrie‘s worst specialization.

2 Likes

Figure of speech. (man I get into a lot of disagreements over those here.)

Fireteam will deal more damage than Savage will heal (probably not worth if they were actually all just on you like flies on shit but it beats an immediate pig or heal, wasting time.

100% agree there. Ghost and fervent are far better for the hit and run style of the Valkryie. Savage isn’t worth it for her

3 Likes

It’s also great when wearing down everyone else after Reinforcement.

But I’d argue Tracker is Supreme Tryhard Spec. It makes Target Isolation more valuable than Focused could since it has conflicting benefits. You always know where Fireteam is, so you always have Intel. You can stop a Mission Speedrunner and then snowball from there.

(Focused would be S+ on Berserker or Viking, facts.)

True, but Stalker is frankly just too good compared to it, but that’s just me.

Yea, when compared to Fervent and Ghost. Any class would be instantly better if they had Savage on.

2 Likes

Well now here’s a Question for you, does it only count if they are alive when you claim them? Can you leave the body there and return for it later for a quick 20% health?
Scenario for you, play a fast ranged aggressive game until 1-2 remain let them reinforce or they manage to sneak it on you whatever could you then use those corpses as free heals for your second push?
If so that could be an interesting strategy to use in conjunction with pigs and HKs maybe?

2 Likes

Yes. Unfortunately. This truly is an issue because, if the player quits before you claim them, you don’t get any health.

Unfortunately, you can’t. however, I think any claim, including PMC‘s, should activate the 20% heal. Then interesting scenarios, like the one you mentioned, would be possible.

1 Like