Specializations Discussion

So Iโ€™ve been thinking about the Pred Specs lately and I was wishing that there was a detailed breakdown on how they work and what activation stipulations they may have.
Hopefully this thread can be a place where we can nail it all down and figure it out because as is tradition the in game explanations are painfully vague.
Also if this thread already exists I apologize and would appreciate a link ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

As for my personal Inquiry on this subject I was wondering exactly how Fervent operates? Is it only active if all 4 FT are on their feet? Is it inactive as soon as you down someone? Does it have to be all 4 standing? Or does it just mean its active as long as no one is currently down?
Any info on this would greatly appreciated ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘
@SkooLBoY_SkePtiK
@KameofWar
@TheSenate
@Forever_Mello
@Fire
@REYNOSO_FUA11
@DisturbedLlama
@Coffee2Go
@Anyt1m3
@Thunder-Cats
If I missed any names of knowledgable people please @ them to include them in this convo
These are just the ones I talk to the most frequently ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

5 Likes

Fervent is active up until a FT member is downed

however i recall a bug when specs came out that caused fervent to be active all the time
i am unaware if that bug was ever fixed as i donโ€™t recall it being listed
and i didnโ€™t bother to test it as patches went on as i donโ€™t even use this spec anyway

then of course with analytic once there name appears on the right side of your screen with an xp score value you get the damage buff on them for the remainder of the game or at least until they get reinforced and then just scan them again
remember it is faster to scan someone with target iso active so just do that get your perma buff and slay

2 Likes

So I tend to use Fervent and Play to make the FT suffer use all resources and start to panic due to not being able to be at full health!

I have also made a few post about Fervent being what I thought was busted! After further testing the buff does not work after the first death or a member being in the downed state!

So Fervent is for the Predator that want to Torture the ft to the point of Death! Its a long game perk! Which is not always good!

However it is good if you are dealing with a team that is strong as the 4 man squad but start to fall apart after 1 death as well!!

Analytic is a pretty interesting spec as @KameofWar of said that once you achieve the full scan the buff remains! So pretty busted!!

Vicious also seems to have a passive that comes in handy! In my experience it extends the bleed time of a bleed weapon hit idk if it does more damage I would imagine!!!

1 Like

Idk I dont use fervent.

This all just goes back to us yelling we want numbers at illfonic.

5 Likes

Yes.

Yes.

Down or dead.

Not if there are less than 4 players.

1 Like

Iโ€™ll look into that. ๐Ÿค”

1 Like

Right. It should probably reset with reinforcements. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ Oh well.

2 Likes

If the person you claim leaves whilst using fervent, I believe it reactivates again.

2 Likes

Yeah any rage quit makes it active again

1 Like

Thank you for the Info and I have been running some test builds with Analytic and Scout class ๐Ÿ˜ so then in theory if you allow the FT to pickup a downed member then it reactivates? Also then as soon as you claim it never reactivates for the rest of the match? Seems like a really silly stipulation ๐Ÿ˜’

Dope! Thanks!

1 Like

I think they need to make it so its only active if they have the Diamond over them.

So its something that you can get countered and will also require the Predator to require the diamonds and make it more vulnerable because most good well canโ€™t really say good since they play the cheapest way after they achieve the scan by just castering from range for stupid damage

1 Like

Thank you for the info. Didnโ€™t know.

You and your website are really the best source for detailed information!

2 Likes

I always thought that it works like that. So fully scanned refers to the scan information on the right side and not the diamonds.

Is that the reason why city hunter is the preferred class of some players?

1 Like

Yeah full scan is the full diamond the name and xp on the right hand side of the screen.

And idk probably! It is pretty busted! Its a permanent 15% damage boost and it has no true down side and itโ€™s fairly easy to get the scan to so mu preferred method is to down one ft and wait in vision with a range weqpon of some kind combi, disc, ect not really the lazer but if you want and the moment another ft makes contact to pick up aim at one and you get a 2 for one scan! Lol wash repeat till all 4 are scanned

2 Likes

I donโ€™t know. Itโ€™s pretty easy to clear the Diamond.

2 Likes

Yeah but its also fairly simple to get it once you have the scan just requires vision mode and to look at them directly if mudded. Idk i use it alot and I feel like im cheating even without fearless or Down Range

2 Likes

True. I forgot that itโ€™s easier to get the Diamond back after scanning.

2 Likes

Yeah! Also if you notice when you have 4 diamonds the moment one person muds up all 4 goes away so its a pretty good counter for it! However all it takes to get all 4 diamonds back is to re look at the mudded up player! So idk!

As it stand Analytic is probably the 2nd or 3rd best spec due to its ease to use! Ghost is probably tte best for damage tho

1 Like

Itโ€™s easier to get the diamond back after having fully scanned a fireteam member once. Another hidden mechanic.

To sum up:
Analytic gives a permanent damage boost against a specific player after having fully scanned this player once.

2 Likes