Suggestion: XViper's Perk Ideas

Great perk ideas

1 Like

Some of these are really cool, but I think some are impossible like silenced footsteps or silenced croaking noises when cloaked without breaking the game or having equally game breaking abilities for the fireteam like thermal sights on weapons or calling in an airstrike on area, or the ability to immobilize the predator with a stun or something. I honestly think a lot of these ideas would be too op for a predator against a fireteam and the currents set of perks and gear, so I’m actually really interested about some of the perks and gear changes you might suggest to counterbalance some of these suggested changes.

1 Like

Hey Chuck,

Don’t worry, there’s so much the FT can be given to keep the balance. I’ll be making my own list soon, but many others have already mentioned various good ideas around the forum as well.

As for your mentions on the sounds, the idea was ‘reduced’, not ‘none’. Many are frustrated at the Preds lack of real ‘stealth’ though.

All concerns regarding balance are valid, and that would be Illfonics job. :P

Have updated my original post to include some more recent Fire Team ideas.
Please check them out and see what you think.

I genuinely found the Fire Team perks harder to come up with, as I constantly found myself thinking of “Gear/Equipment” ideas instead. There are SO MANY things that could be included in a Fire Teams arsenal, I didn’t want to derail a “Perk Topic” into a Gear/Equipment topic instead. Plus there have already been many good suggestions from other players about Gear recommendations. (But we can always revisit that further in the future too.)

Much better and more interesting playstyles than the current perks that are just stat adjustments .+1

1 Like

Definitely would love to see these implemented!

1 Like

I understand that, when I say silenced I mean more like a silencer on a gun, can still be heard but is very quiet. I still think it would be very hard to balance around those, since those are the only things you can sometimes hear to spot the predator, since they changed the camo on predator to being completely invisible instead of the outline they originally had with the game at launch.

Only when it’s stationary though?

I’ve also made a few FT perks that can help detect the Pred. :)

I’m commander lazy and this is my favorite perk rework suggestion on the citadel

1 Like

Thanks Lazy, appreciate that.
I liked quite a few of your suggestions with your rework/rebalance guide you made last month.

1 Like

Tbh the reason I never touched perks is because it requires a bit of creativity I dont quite have lol!.

Now up to 66 Perks (33 per side).

Easily the most constructive post Illfonic can take and implement into the game!

3 Likes

@Courier

Any chance you’ve seen this?

1 Like

Added a couple more perks. :)
We’re up to 80 now :D

I like a lot of those… need more perk slots 😢.

1 Like

I’d like to see 5 or so perk slots, or the system re-worked to remove a slot restriction all together, and base it entirely on points.

ie.
1 x 6 point perk
or
3 x 2 point perks

After all the “balance” is in the cost of the perk.

1 Like

Incredible ideas in this thread!! Really hope Illfonic sees these!

Is funny how a year later a lot of these ideas were somehow actually implemented one way or another, yet people say illfonic doesn’t listen or worse, people who agreed, complained when they were implemented

90% of this stuff haven’t been implemented what are you talking about?

1 Like