SUPPORT 20% DAMAGE REDUCTION

Just played a quick play now with city hunter and down range Bow + Combi Stick. I needed one Combi throw + 5 wrist blade swings to down a Dutch 87 class that was close to Support. That thing is ridiculous. The Predator needs 10 seconds to kill one ft class, but one firerteam him self can kill the Predator in 2 seconds with the second pistol and Yautja Bane. Support class is ruining the game, it’s broken and it makes no sense to give 2 OWLF for every one. Basically 2 free perks for the entire team plus medikits and ammo packs. Not to mention he has 175 hp. Field Medic is beyond broken and non sense. I would suggest to remove this damage reduction and change it with something different like “the teamates can restore more hp and ammo with the med and ammo packs”. That could be a more team based passive perk , rather than a broken damage reduction. Also people in quick plays are using only Support and Assault class, it means these 2 classes need a serious nerf because all the classes should be viable.

@OldKingHamlet @Courier

6 Likes

Did you win?

I crashed

Do you think if combi, wristblades, bow, and headshot damage was returned to original damage values would it be enough to be fair?

Combi stick should be reverted to the previous damage and even like this it wont help that much. Considering how many hp and damage reduction the fireteam has , bow should deal 80 as standard quick shot damage and spear throw 135 in the body.

80hp quick arrow shot means downing everyone with two shots and combi throw 135hp means downing scout and recon with one shot. Cool, then people would just leave lobbies and not play against you and other top tier preds. Have fun with only playing privates and even then not too many people wanting to play.

1 Like

The real problem that you guys have is that y’all can’t beat good pc pre-mades. Let’s be real here, how often do you run into a good pre-made? How often do you lose in public matches? Some of you guys even changed your names because people don’t want to play against you, why? Because it’s certain death for them every time. The same way preds leave lobbies when they see our names, why? Because they want to have fun too and not get blasted in 2 minutes. This game is intended for public matches and casual players. Privates is for preds who want to really test their skills. Why is it that we lost to a ps player the other day? Because we were fucking around and just having fun. This is not a competitive game with a ranking system. This is a casual game, why is that so hard to understand? The reason why I leave lobbies sometimes is not because I’m scared of dying, is because I know the first thing that pred is gonna do is brag on discord about killing me or if he dies he’s gonna bitch and complain about how buff the ft is…it’s fucking ridiculous to be honest.

IT’S JUST A GAME!!! Either love it or leave it…

3 Likes

I can imagine that they thought that by giving the Support Class this damage reduction buff, it would encourage the team to stick together and stop people from running off and leaving the Support players behind.

But 20%? Like you point out, that’s the equivalent of 2 OWLF Training Perks. So a Dutch 87 that’s mudded up with OWLF training is ignoring 40% of the damage output when within 20m of the Support. It’s a ridiculous amount, especially when you have Assault Class potentially hitting you with a 40% damage increase.

This is why I’m sticking to the trees, running Height Advantage and using my Shoulder Caster to burn through their medical resources before I even think about close range attacks. If I see Support Class, especially with Field Medic, then they’re my primary target with the goal of downing them and claiming them ASAP even if it costs me Second Wind.

Support Class is supposed to be the team member bringing the extra supplies and heavy weapons, not some Guardian Angel of Immortality.

1 Like

I agree with this on a sentimental level. I said this exact thing months ago. The game can never be balanced enough to accommodate the needs of both the casual gamer and the serious, competitive gamer. Private Matches are where people can challenge each other and settle their differences, but Quick Play is for everyone to have fun from younger screeches to the older daddy gamers who want to enjoy the nostalgia.

2 Likes

Only way I see field medic not being broken is by putting it on Scout and reducing the damage reduction to 15-10%.

I would be ok to play mostly with people with the same amount of hours in the game as me. Also if I play against potatoes in pubs is the same, I always win but it’s an unfair match up because most of people have less than 200 hours as fireteam so no reason to compare them with me. Illfonic should focus on matches with people with more or less the same amount of hours playing against. If you look at a match between 100 hours pred vs 100 hours ft with specializations perks , medic , deadly and all of these shit, ft will win every time. Same for 800 hours ft vs 800 hours pred.

Apparently only people that dont play pred think that the current balance is fine 😂

You guys have to compare people with same hours in the game. Aatch between people with same hours in the game will be always in large favore of ft even in pubs, imagine if in the lobby there is a duo premade … Not to mention a trio or a full team premade. People with 1000 hours as pred will always win against newbies but when they face people with same hours as ft they will ALWAYS lose and this is not a good balance. Every body is complaining since day one about ft being op. Only ft one trick or ft mains are crying, 90% of people bought this game to play Pred you know. The balance issues (plus multiple bugs that ONLY predator has) are the reason why this game has like 1% of the active players it had on the release.

Never have I said that this game was balanced, matter of fact I always say the opposite. What I don’t agree with (and lots of people here) is the constant complaining about buffs and nerfs. illphonic is not going to cater to top tier players, just give it up, it’s not going to happen. I’m sorry if that’s a hard pill to swallow, but that’s just reality.

Come on man, serious? FT players hardly ever (if at all) complain. It’s always the same pred mains crying and complaining about everything.

It will never be balanced but at least , horrible stuffs like support perks and multiple damage buffs in the same class should be removed as well as stupid nerf to RANGE weapons. @OldKingHamlet wrote by him self they wanted to make pred more range based and less melee based. But they did the opposite with all of the nerf to range weapons 😂.

1 Like

This is the realest shit I’ve seen posted on here 💯
Why is this so hard to understand?

1 Like

In private is the opposite, is where ft wins even more because you have premades. Also maybe…just saying…maybe the old daddy with kids close to him has bought the game to play Pred? Am I wrong? I dont think this game is user friendly with noobs players or just people that dont play the game that much. You know why? Ft is beyond broken as it has never been before.

1 Like

Maybe the onus will have to be on experienced players in private matches to figure out their own rules for balance. Limitations on classes, weapons, specializations, etc

2 Likes

I feel the focus is on single players and not as a team

It’s 4vs1 the odds are already against the 1

4 Likes