Target isolation change.

I have been thinking about the purpose of target isolation. Its for catching ft players when they split off. But as it works right now, its really only for finding the enemy team.

What do you guys think of shorter cooldown, but also shorter spot time. Meaning it can be used more often, but also not be able to show your position for so long?

Even if it was shorter, wouldnt a shoter cd be a bit too much?
I know this isnt really what your asking, but this sounds like it should be a class difference. Like scout would get the best target isolation.

Hunter would have something like this.
Not sure.

1 Like

Well heres my thinking.

IT would help predator catch ft doing shit by themselves, and in between muddings much easier. this allows pred to maintain pressure and punish splitting up.

However It not lasting as long means pred wont know exactly where you are unless you are unmudded and camping like a bitch lol.

I feel like I’d have to test this out to see how I feel about it. But differences with stuff like this, I feel should be how the classes work.

But idk how many ppl would agree.
Otherwise, from what you’ve said, I cant tell if this would be too strong, or useless.

Fk I’m sorry man, hard for me to tell lol.

No worries, At least now I have replies lol!

Yeah It definitely would be interesting, but I think the mud still counters it enough that it wont be op. It will just be more useful.

As for the classes

Man I really do want classes that have their own abilities or purpose. But fuck dude that would require such a rework of every single other thing in the game that I cant even begin to imagine where they would start with it.

Plus the obvious one is that, unless everyone can run the same class, its gonna suck as FT being the last one to load in and having to play a class you dont want to.

Not if all classes offer enough. So that ppl have at least 2 favorites.

As for pred side, it wouldnt be too hard. We take some of the current perks, and add them in as passives or traits to each one, buff the perks that need it, and give each class something special.

Like zerk. He needs love. So let him throw objects or punch through walls xD.

Like we were talking about in the other post,
Let’s add dodging in. So that way we can add more stuff without it being too strong.

As for target isolation specifically, I’d say scout gets a really good one, maybe it shows tracks that lead straight to ft for the duration as well as the dot?

But see, going off hunter, I feel like his isolation should be good too. Like he should be good at tracking.

So maybe scout gets something else.

And zerk can get like…
Idk I feel maybe he gets like pulses?
Hard to say.

True, alot of perks could be repurposed into passives and stuff for the classes. however classes already kind of have that so its redundant.

Throwing objects… With how unstable the game is throwing a smart disc is probably simply not possible on this engine. Punching through walls would be cool and I dont imagine it would be impossible as we already have destructible wood walls, but realistically it would be so situational that It wouldnt be worth the effort of implementing.

Dodging is basically a more scripted variant of the running mechanics I wanted in place in my rework guide. Im not sure how well dodging would work in game, but as long as it consumes stamina and cant be spammed forever, I see no issue with it whatsoever.

Now tying target isolation, as well as footprints to classes isnt a terrible idea. but I feel like it would make berz even more worthless lol. Still it would be nice to have the predators tracking be better/worse per class.

Im not sure about pulses or anything like that, it goes back to the “would have to play it to get a feel for it” kind of mentality because its out there enough that I cant quite place its impact on the gameplay.

The biggest issue about most of the ideas people present, is that they need to consider that the game we have now, has to be the foundation. Once you start breaking up the foundation things get extremely iffy, and time consuming, which no company is gonna go through with.

Thats why I take so much pride in my guide. Every change considers the game as it is now, and while its not perfect, I know for sure that every change I put in there is feasible. especially since most of the things are in game right now, they are just very barebones. but they can be remade to work far better.

Edit

Thats not to say that most of the changes that people suggest are impossible. Classes being special, Im sure thats possible. But that is gonna be a massive change, and as I said, one that requires every other aspect of the game to be examined and reconsidered.

And not to be insulting to illfonic, but considering how well they considered the balance of the game thus far… I dont think they can handle that. Not without serious time put into it.

I was thinking a hearing boost lol.
Or give em scent tracking. Lmao.
Maybe zerk can just get a physical boost of some sort.

Dude idk. Zerk needs some kinda love tho. So I can actually start playing him.

I think the main problem is illfonic hasn’t entirely decided where they’re going with the game.
Theres a lot that can be done. Just cant be afraid of things being strong.

I think his biggest issue is that hes slow, and he has no stamina.

He should absolutely have the most stamina, and the least gear. All classes should follow that principle.

Thiccer means more stamina
thinner means more gear

This would make both more viable, instead of it being so one sided imo.

But I think we need new pred gear too. And melee weapons need to stop taking 6 hits (excluding parries and people simply running/jumping out of melee range) to kill.

Playing a berz is tedious as all fuck now.

That is the issue though. its not just illfonic. its everyone.

No one really knows what they want out of this game anymore. We already have this game. So people who actually do enjoy the current game are gonna want the game to stay as is.

Where as if you are like me, you see hunting grounds in the title and expect something with a little more substance than a gmod hide and seek/deathmatch simulator lol.

Illfonic doesnt know what to do anymore because we dont know what to do.

I see where their mind was at with the things in game currently. I see the beauty in what they were working towards. My guide was an ode to that lost idea. A plead for them to follow through and finally focus on making the game what they wanted to make it into, instead of what sony wanted them to make it into. Because its clear as day some serious fuckery was going on behind the scenes. and its depressing.

1 Like

Lol you wanna attempt to get everyone on the same page? Lmao. Cause I try to. But uh… ya you see how that goes for me.

1 Like

No one will ever be on the same page about this game. I hate to say it but its already doomed if the fate rides on us coming together.

Illfonic just needs to nut up and make a decision about the path they intend to pursue. Or worse yet, they already have and we are just standing here watching it all burn because they just couldnt give half a shit.

I WANT THIS GAME TO SUCCEED DAMN IT.

Quick use target isolation to find the answer. XD

lol

I will unite us.

1 Like

What?