The Broken & Abused System of Communication

You’re not special @Finessology . You’re nobody. You should have a real statement to make about what it means to be a consumer, or you should stfu.

I made my statement. Its in your face.Ive yet to hear you make a coherent thesis. Until then, here is some advice, make statements based on truths. If you have no support other than your freedom to voice an opinion then you can do so but i won’t hear you if they are not supported by some kind of fact that can be seen by the court of appeals. That is the court of law, economics, and psychology/sociology.

Ahahaha by all means enlighten me

I figured you only made posts when you’re drugged out of your mind

You should start a dumb post already… start talking about shit that makes you want to shooty shooty bangy bangy.
*Mic drop

It’s all up to the market. Capitalism doesn’t care about artistic content, only what sells. Cyberpunk was a massive success… at least as far as advertising goes. It sold copies.

@Finessology, I’m waiting for you to start saying game companies need to be regulated… 😅

1 Like

They already are and turns out you’re not allowed to scam people with hidden droprates on lootboxes anymore and such. Even Sony allowed full refunds on Cyberpunk across all their consoles.

Same as goods, quality does not refer to subjective judgements as to the artistic value of the content itself (corporate snakeoil useful idiot argument) but whether or not you’re just bullshitting people or releasing half a game with half of its promised features as a full price buggy product.

Censorship =/= consumer protection laws. Might be hard to discern if you’re Canadian.

This is capitalism at work, Sony didn’t want to suffer the reputation loss. It wasn’t a regulatory decision.

The existence of refunds for faulty products is a regulatory decision. Digital consumer protection laws are finally starting to catchup to physical instead of being an exploitable legal loophole in a new market to sell untransparent lootboxes and kickstarter scams. Lol free market doesnt mean unregulated market. It means they’re free to compete not fuck over the consumer. Canadian education.

only butt hurt lonely incels cry foul on itty bitty bugs.

Still waiting to see your exclusive copy of cyberpunk that has actual AI and dynamic NPC dialogue as advertised.

The only “dynamic car accidents” from the e3 demo I got in my playthrough were the on rails cars failing & phasing into buildings.

Should be a great example for companies trying to design open world games and the dangers of having no idea what they’re doing.

2 Likes
1 Like

never forget some of the early promo material they used for Cyberpunk 2077 god damn i’ll forever blame Keanu honestly as it’s clear pre Keanu and post Keanu taking the silverhand position completly changed what that game was going to be
but yeah Mass if uh you have this game that has this in it let me know I want to borrow it

as they were clearly going for a very early bioware approach to the game until Keanu took the job of Silverhand and then they COMPLETLY redid the game to fit him to be the main character as the higher ups saw fucking dollar signs so they decided the game should be changed for the largest audience possible instead of the niche audience they had up until then

As for the OP’s topic i mostly disagree while yes the mystery of how a game is made and the marketing communication is a problem for the industry i wouldn’t say it’s the main issue the main issue is the “bubble” that the industry as inflated itself in as the “infinite” game has ruined the industry (any online service game with infinite content) as how the fuck does one compete with a product that can amass billions of dollars just by making art for the game and also produce infinite replayablility with the only requirement being minor gameplay updates?

it has completely ruined the industries ability of creating high/miod budget pieces of art that it used to cause all the up top execs are more worried about the great cash in that the market share has available to them don’t forget around 80% OF INDIE studios fail after their first release literally nothing can compete with the big leagues and the big leagues are only intrested in making the most cash grab games available as quickly as possible

2 Likes

Was that what did it? The keanu money killed lifepaths and made everyone streetkids? Maybe Idk Even before that they were talking about how they had to scrap parkour, augments, subways and the individualized NPCs and bounty system (lol at the game still having unique names as a relic from this.)

All the scrapped skill trees too and them clearly just straight up removing stuff from the UI. But hey atleast the penis customization made it ingame. AI either never existed or was stripped down to nothing after they realized they weren’t Rockstar employees I can’t tell.

Honestly think they’re just going to try to sell half of it later as additional content when it was advertised to be there from the start.

I say that because the entire narrative story of the game changed when Keanu got hired pre Keanu the game was supposed to take place before Silverhand died and you would have played through the game with him and Rogue’s group still active only for him to die eventually cause that’s the canon of the cyberpunk universe rather than current game where it takes place long after Silverhand died

then Keanu got hired and the narrative was completely rewritten which is also a perfect time to redo or scrap any gameplay systems that become unnecessary for the new narrative

1 Like

So let me ask you, was it any good pre-Keanu or during Keaanu or post Keanu needing more screen time? Of course its a redundant question i don’t believe I or you or anyone not associate with the product would know why or what the motivation is for any of this.

I would just rather not view anymore youtube videos about their own frustrated perspective as to ‘why’ they did this. Rather just play the game. Certainly conjecture is a waste of peoples time when the consumer should have no business poking their heads into who does what for how long and why the business doesn’t communicate with their consumers. Consumers arenot the Product Owners, they are not the Licensce owners. THey do jack shit.

If you leave it to professions to write and develop you’d have a better game.

here you go straight from IGN 2018 gameplay demo

It is known that in the E3 2018 gameplay demo, the radio reveals that Johnny Silverhand had his “last ride” in 2076*, it has been said already that at that point Johnny Silverhand didn’t really have an important role in the story. Keanu Reeves probably joined the game around the second half of 2018 - first half of 2019, this is 1-1.5 years before the announced release date of April 2020. It is possible that this time wasn’t used 100% for QA but to redo/add big parts of the story, so Keanu Reeves could have a bigger role in it.

and in the current game he died 50 fucking years ago

that’s a huge narrative change to let someone be the main character

Honestly I’m glad Keanu has more of a starring role in this game as a ghost in the shell. The fucking main dude’s (or dudette’s) perspective is bloated as hell with lots of dialogue(on purpose).

except we pay for broken products so actually we should have a say in the product that is made when we fund it which couldn’t be made without them taking our dollars

Capitalism BABY

1 Like

You dont fund it! You buy after the fact that its funded. How do you think they even start production?
Plus QA testers play the role of the consumer as well. Infact all of them do.

QA testers yeah that’s a funny joke in the modern industry considering early access is a superior way to sell a product in the current market

they use the funds that was made from the previous title sold that’s why sequels are so popular as you can almost guarantee similar profit margins
as it’s distributed through the channels to pay their employees and provide stock holders/executives their bonus incentives to ensure company success

only the first title a dev studio makes is usually funded by pocket or it gets picked up by a publisher who funds the project once they got their hands on it

same when a large publisher approches a smaller studio and funds a game they want them to make like when Microsoft approached the Devs that made Killer instinct they gave them a budget and the game was made with that budget

1 Like

Thats not the primary source. But im glad you’re offering insight. Seems like you do anyway.