The End of Batman

That’s also what the right say

Seriously the right makes accusations of racism just as much as the left

They just don’t try to cancel people over it.

You’d be surprised how many similarities we all have

Apparently being right winged means not believing in racism (dispite the massive amount of history behind racism)

Besides out of everything there is in politics, calling out racism, whether wrong accusation or not, is not a defining traits of being a leftist.

Especially when the right does it just as often

The Professor says otherwise, what you think is long history of racism is a lie

Let me guess

Because the first slaves were sold by other black people, it had no effect on the cultural view of black people?

Or what Because the civil war was about fighting government control there was no racist intentions behind it?

Or the segregation of black people from white people was really just trying to accommodate everyone?

No matter how much you try to fluff history it still reeks of racism. So go ahead and give me your best shot

No the fact that slavery has been around and it wasn’t just blacks it was all colors, it’s the society that uses the black ones as an a excuse to change culture so ya exactly who’s racist now lol

Therefore racism never existed?

You do realize racism goes beyond slavery and that racism can still be a reason even if it’s not the only reason behind slavery.

And this assuming we’re only talking about American slavery and not other vultures slavery which is idiot since we all know we’re talking about American slavery when it comes to racism.

Like what the hell dude shut up

Once again you’ve broken your own narrative

Also No, slavery of black people had a large part of racism in America

You missed the point, it doesn’t matter if the person behind it is white, black, or whatever, its that the reactionary right crowd blames the race change for the film’s failure, that’s the dumbass point I’m tackling. Biggest example is the current The Little Mermaid shit going on, the film isn’t out yet and people are bitching about a fictional race being black. No one is mentioning shit about the director, writers, or anyone behind the scenes other than focusing on the fact that “DA AGENDA” is making the mermaids black. The film, while I personally don’t care about remakes, maybe could be great but instead of waiting to see the outcome, lets bash on the film instead for her being black, which leads us to this other point…

People jumped on Prey before it came out simply due to having a female native lead. You think I didn’t hear all that racist and sexist 90lb Pocahontas jibs thrown about around here? One little line that barely sounded woke “female lead wants to break from gender norms to do something different” is not new. We seen it in Mulan years ago, and in real life we seen women wanting to do things that isn’t just filling a traditional role like a housewife. Its just today’s over reactionary climate getting made at simple shit that isn’t really anything new or serious. If AVP or Predator 2 came out today, you’d hear people clamoring about how Lex and Harrigan are POC diversity hires checking off list boxes, BEFORE THE FUCKING FILM CAME OUT. People here don’t care, they just want to complain and hate and this entire forum is proof of this toxic shit when we can go back and dig up some shit I’ve seen people talk about the film here. I don’t believe in one second people here care about the writing if they were so easy to jump on the lead’s gender and sex before the film came out.

You mean rightiod reactionary forces being so strong that even mainstream media had to cover why people are getting mad at seeing black people being in GOT, ROP, and The Little Mermaid? Bruh, that’s all on the right for acting this wild, they shit on the floor, people call them out on their dumbass behavior, and the right has the audacity to get mad about that? Sure, ok bud.

That’s entirely different from blaming poc

Blaming poc and blaming a films failure on “woke” writing are separate things

I’ll take what you say now but I’m not taking blame for the misunderstanding

Especially when you didn’t mention failure leaving an implication of actual quality in discussion

But ya your right after the clear up

Wait is there something happening?

I legitimately know nothing except black Ariel

Once again, like I said, while there are racists who rally behind this, the broad argument is made by those who are also not racist.

This actually helps highlight my point, look at the new Mulan. It sucks. The issue isn’t minority bad, it’s Hollywood using minorities as an excuse for bad writing in the modern era of film.

Sure elderpreddy, Tony, and fine to an extent are extreme in this manner, but there is reason to not trust Hollywood. Is it still overractionary? Yes. Buts it’s not just minority bad.

Oh I absolutely agree. People overreact, I already said that.

It’s the reasoning behind the overreaction were disagreeing on.

Most of us ended up turning around though. It’s just a few exceptions left that hate the film. Hell you even got people over praising the film.

You can call them out for sitting on the floor, just don’t call them out because they did it with a shirt on

Even if they’re crazy you still need to understand their argument

You don’t disprove a flat earther by making up shit yourself, you use actual science to do it

Again, my issue is that I’m tackling those who see both of those things as one in the same. It always goes hand in hand in their eyes and its fucking nuts. Its always POC = Woke in their eyes. Hence why its such a meme in the left political sphere:

Don’t put politics in my stories, even though all of them have politics in nature, it’s just politics these people don’t like.

No, and it’s exactly my point I was referring to earlier. No one cares about who is directing or writing this, only that black Ariel is somehow pushing DA AGENDA. No one really cares about the writing or film quality, only focusing on the main character, hence why I think their defense is bullshit.

Meanwhile I’m here getting mad at how dead the sea looks, lack of color and life, and how the CGI sucks, but go off on the female lead being black and existing I guess…

NO, again, you keep missing my point. I’m focusing on the aspect of the female lead wanting to break away from traditional norms is nothing new and a tale old as time itself but people here scream their heads off about it as if it will somehow ruin society or whatever shit they are spewing these days. Naru not wanting to be do a traditional role isn’t wrong but somehow it is in their eyes? Again, why I say to these people “sexist much?”

While glad the film brought Predator back into the fold, I’ll never overlook how people equated the film to be bad only because Naru is female and wanting to do something different from traditional ways of life. This shit isn’t new, nothing special but always interesting story aspect in writing and it could have gotten bad either way BUT people had to jump in on it first before the film came out. Judge a book by it’s cover they did, that I will never forget.

Know what, I’ll just take the L here

It’s been a while since I’ve been on anything other than this forum, and my friends aren’t very political.

So either I saw the fringe group myself or people have progressively gotten more jaded and hence stupid.

TBF they view Hollywood as a whole

So it doesn’t matter if it’s that guy over there, or that guy in the opposite corner. It’s Hollywood shit to them.

And I can’t really blame anyone for that outside of faulty reasoning. Of course this only applies to the actual people behind it. The flaws shown in the trailer should be pointed out and your still right.

Just to lighten the mood let’s get something we can both agree on

So Naru doesn’t want to be a gatherer as pushed onto her by gender roles, or otherwise known (when done in a manner as in the film) a caste system

A caste system is also known as the government overstepping their boundaries, something the gun toting Republicans can say fuck off too.

Naru’s story is supportive of anti-goverment views and freedom just as much as female rights.

And yet people on the right still complain

1 Like

Prove it so far I have but yet you just say so?

A. I never said anything about you not proven anything in that comment

B. Why the fuck are you talking like Yoda cringe ass

C. How is this a counter point in any way?

Lol omg your obviously high? your calling me master Yoda bro ok image