The "How (not) to Predator" Guide

EGS: Draedark

MythBuster Predator Edition - Cloaking.

Yes that is what I heard also, in game graphics settings or tinkering with the shaders can have this affect also.

OP didn’t mention any of that though, so this is why I assume there is a bug and we could go science this.

Just a thought, I think you do go invisible cause sometimes il stand right next to ppl when I’m cloaked, and they look around having no idea where I am.
But sometimes it doesn’t work.

I’m thinking that a lot of the time they find me by sound. Oh I should mention, I sorta tested this out in a match with a random cause 3 ppl left, so we just fkd around, and when I stood still he couldn’t see me.

However he could see if activated my thermal vision.
Anyway idk if that information will help anybody but there ya go.

Found by other means yes. I even think some weapons have slight visual tells, though I have never seen it or tested it myself.

But OP stated he could see a crouched Predator when they were cloaked. Not “still reliably find them via other means.”

I have had someone stand perfectly still before and while I am sure they were perfectly invisible I am sure with a back drop of like the outside/sky of the map or distant foliage (I mean like across the map kind of distance) I have just made them out, now this is like 1 in a 100 chance, it has only ever happened like twice were I managed to see them through invisibility but I was really straining my eyes to look for any anomaly and I knew their general direction which might have helped. Could have been my subconscious giving me a target though?

1 Like

On console, the Predator needs to remain still for 2 seconds and it completely disappears. Doesn’t matter if it’s crouching or standing. It can be stood right in front of you and you can’t see it. You only know it’s there when you collide with it. Not sure what the deal is on PC but I can assure Predator players I watch those things turn completely invisible, they just need to remain completely motionless for 2 seconds.

Exactly 👍🏼

Since you did a how to play predator I’m going to do a how to play fire team

1. Don’t hunt the predator Its not fire team hunting grounds
  2. Play the objective untill the predator attacks you stop trying to hunt him at the start of the game.
    Yet I do agree with what you said about predator. But there are so many fire teams that play the way I stated so I think the need a refresher on how to play the fire team

That is also my understanding. I hope I do not need to go buy a PS4 just to play this game in the intended manner!

Irregardless, even when I am cloaked I try to move and position as I would if I am not cloaked. This seems to be the safest bet.

Maybe OP can do a thread about how (not) to play the FT :P

1 Like

I cannot test this alone for obvious reasons. I think what we all would want to see is exactly what those who say they can see the Predator see. A video or screen shot from their screen.

It’s too rare if you ask me.

Lol I’d help if I was on pc.

A list of reasons its not fun to play as predator. Or as fireteam, for that matter.

I have had 1 game where I felt that it was balanced the game itself felt immense, the pressure from Pred was just right without feeling broken and our counter plays were only pushing them away for a few second at the time…

I was with one other person and the last 2 were ps4 players, to be honest it was only me and my mate doing anything, the PS4 players were just meat shields which the Pred picked up on pretty quick. Really enjoyed that game.

Edit

Not saying all PS4 players are bad, just those two were.

Let’s do this. I sent you friend request

We could, we could each do a video as Pred and FT?

So me and a friend were in a Private match, he turned on his cloaking right in front of my and he just faded from shimmering silhouette to totally invisible, like it was if he wasn’t even there whatsoever. He would run around the nearby obstacles like vehicles, find somewhere to hide and cloak and I could never find him when he was invisible. No matter what the backdrop was (trees, buildings, up in the tree with the sun directly behind him) there was no visual sign that he was there. I’m pretty sure PC players can do this, as Cartoonz has done it in his videos. He was stood at the top of the end hanger stairway on the Derailed map cloaked, and three Fireteam members ran straight past him unawarea. They even collided with him but were so ‘in the moment’ didn’t register it was him and probably assumed it was each other and the stair rail.

I could, but I would make people more aware to become godlike against the average Predator. Honestly, if you want to have some great tips on FT: join the https://discord.gg/9zaZcFt Discord channel. A lot of great players are there. Both 4 player teams and 5 player private matches.

My name there is the same as here. If you spot me online, join in and ask :)