The "How (not) to Predator" Guide

Yeah man, I am in that same group :P Fair point to the FT thread, maybe once the pred gets a buff then push it out…

1 Like

You mean together? Or just showcasing different systems? Cause I dont have anyone to record with, and I thought cross invites werent working?

I don’t think the Predator needs a buff right now. In another post A list of bugs that can lose you the game I’ve stacked the amount of game-breaking bugs Predator vs FT.

Like I said, the matches I lose as Predator are 2/3 times based on a game breaking bug. Always against good teams. I “main” FT lately so I shouldn’t be that amazing at Predator. Yet… I keep winning against randoms. So… losing closely to a pre-made, would tell me that the game is close’ish to balanced. We can only really confirm this once the bugs are out.

1 Like

That is still broken? Damn. I thought you could still make a match and cross-invite. Just not make a cross-party.

I hope that makes sense. Can you add PC to your friends, or DM me your player name I can try from my end.

@meowera and I just did some tests, at least on my end with graphics on high I could not see him. I am willing to provide the original video and I challenge anyone to spot the Predator in the first few seconds. Basically, in the first 5 seconds before the AI interrupts us.

I am not able to see him until 16 seconds in, when he starts to move.

I do not think my assistant’s first language is English, so it was a little bit of a rough test, but I am willing to repeat this with anyone. Just let me know.

He also grabbed some video but I am unsure as to exactly what he was capturing because either his mic was not working or he was not speaking.

Edit: I am dumb, @meowera was messaging me on the forums because he had no mic. Sorry man! I think we got what you needed. He stated I was invisible as Predator in high and medium settings.

cross platform invites were SUPPOSED to be available day 1, but who knows when it’ll be available now

So many things not working lol. I hope they fix all this mess soon. Like real soon.

1 Like

Here is the video from my Perspective with @meowera as Predator.

Let me know if you have trouble getting it, it should be public but you never know. This was taken at 60fps in OBS on PC. All graphics on high, motion blur off.

Disclaimer: I do not FT so yes I am even more incompetent as a FT than as a Predator. And yes that is “even possible.”

I would like to repeat these tests at low settings, so if anyone has time and is interested please let me know.

EGS: Draedark

I’m officially prove this video :) and i have same results with low and medium graphic sets.

They need to hope for their sake they start communicating AND fixing ALL the issues with the game rn as soon as possible. It’s not sustainable to be doing what they are doing right now; both with dealing with Pre-Order issues and the plethera of bugs, glitches, and poor optimization

2 Likes

Has anyone completed my challenge above and found the Predator in the video above before 5 seconds?

Is anyone who says that they can see a cloaked Predator willing to do a similar test and record/screen shot it to show what they see?

Are you not missing the point maybe?

Standing still will make you 100% invisible. The only way to find the predator is by guessing correctly, or based on audio cues. Cloaking and crouch moving isn’t 100% invisible. It’s the same as moving and/or running.

What I’m aiming at is that players expect the FT to have issues finding them when they are cloaked. So they stand ontop of a rock, moving and aiming, and think it’s weird that 4 players aim their gun at their location and light the place up.

So I’m saying that I look for that “blur” all the time. I listen and look for that blur, because most Pred’s believe they are harder to find. Harder yes, but far from impossible. The moment they stand still, they are gone from the FT’s view, but a good team will have a general idea of where you are (with the right map knowledge that becomes worse).

1 game is not enough… most of the time games end in 5 minutes or the Predator is missing entirely even tho he doesn’t leave the match.
Happy you’ve had a nice run. Maybe I’ll be as lucky as you are and actually play against a decent Predator on PS4. Happens way too rarely… I actually got bored because I felt that there is no threat to play against most of the time. It all became a weird running simulator of sorts.

Thank you for editing #7 to say crouch-move instead of just crouching. This is 100% accurate and helpful to new (and some vet) Predators.

Then onto the comment about YouTubers?

"Can I ask you where you got that information? Because I’ve seen a few youtubers claim this, but it has never worked like that. If it did, it hasn’t worked from the start.

If his name is Bloodthirsty, again, that man ego is a bit bigger than his actual knowledge about this game. He will tell you more than actually is true. He will claim OP, where it’s mediocre."

We must have had a miss communication then. If you meant cloaked and moving (crouched or not) the entire time I apologize. It stands to point out though, that YouTuber video proves what I believe we have now cleared up to be correct. A still cloaked Predator is 100% invisible to the FT.

I would also agree that maybe on some rare occasions due to lighting or game glitches this may not be true. If anyone finds these, they would also be good to bug report and possibly add to helpful posts like the one the OP started here.

1 Like

Correct, I had to be a bit more specific on that one. Weird enough I see predators creeping around so much I fear that some “fake news” has been shared on cloaked crouch walking.

2 Likes

Solid write up @SilverbornReaver. I’m taking notes.

Personally, I find myself getting killed when I push too hard. Yesterday and earlier today had me scrambling to Heal after dipping in too soon and aggressively. I thought I was safe but I was fed a Lead Salad.

Adding to your Strats, I’ve grown to love the Net Gun and how it helps close the gap between you and multiple Fireteam Members. I’ve found that it helps with bounding them when they try to gang up on you, or baiting others closer once you trap one and everyone closes in on you. You just have to be careful so that you don’t use up all of your Ammo too quickly; it helps a lot when trying to round People up when attempting to escape.

1 Like

Don’t forget that the net gun has a few flaws that we punish as well. First you have to stand kinda close, or be on high ground. Second is that you will take damage if you use the tool during a fight.

But I agree, the toughest matches we had were with Predators (often hunter class) who ran bow+net. If you know who is the biggest danger of that team: net them.

I only used it to make melee fights safe. Generally I only use it as an opener + a second move. I never use it more than I need to, simply for the fact that it is a strategic tool.

The only way to counter a net gun is to stay very close together as a FT and make sure you pressure the Pred 100% while he engages. But that is one of those FT tips I’m trying to not tell: “Always put pressure on the Predator, always”. *But you didn’t hear that from me (yet).

I’m a garbage Predator and learning slowly, I employed all these notes, but as a Hunter class running Bow invisible build, I have looked players directly in the face aiming with the bow and they clearly don’t see me. The other thing I try to do on my stealth build is throw decoys and motion detectors so as to flood you with sound so hearing me becomes more difficult, but this is predicated on you being early on in your mission steps when I find you. Other than that I can’t argue with anything else you stated and admit PC coordinated FTs made of 4 friends are a nightmare.

Try going Beserker + Long Jump and two skills of your liking. Take a bow, and a spear. Now, very important: The spear is NOT for melee, you only use it as a throwable weapon, you finish people (After a hit) with your claws. From the first hit, you can kill and claim a FT-member within 3-5 seconds. Now, your entire stealth-bow strategy will still work, + you got your plasma cannon right?

Now the nice thing with Beserker is the amount of extra traps: mostly -> bear traps. People somehow got the idea that they are bad, but imo, they are near OP in the right hands. Bear trap + spear throw and two claw slashes, gg FT-member. Bear trap + plasma cannon and a slam finisher? GG FT-member.

What is amazing for the Beserker is the ability to say "fuck my health, I’m going for the claim (only do this if you have second wind and are 100% sure you will get the claim). Then train yourself to do this within the first 2 minutes of the game to force a reinforcements. Don’t wait, or stop. Keep going until the last guy is alive, and keep him alive. Now place bear traps close to the reinforcements building/location. Try to damage the last player until he is almost dead (but never dead-dead), and kill that guy right around the time the others come back.

They panic, run straight into your traps, you throw your spear, claim at least 1 guy and the rest of the match you are playing 3vs1. If you have a bit of experience, you will never lose a 3vs1 even against the best players. Mostly because of that spear-combo and your insane amount of HP.

I bring 3 health injections as Pred for the simple reason that I want to force at least 1 claim while not handicapping myself with other heals.

I’ve not lost a match (quickplay) since last week. So… it’s working alright. I’m considering replacing the Beserker for a Hunter simply for the fact that I want to leap a tiny bit more.

1 Like

I adopted a few of these tactics myself, only throwing the spear but I’m still hesitant on the plasma caster because i just always forget to quick switch it. I’ve been running Hunter as I love the mobility and stamina he has for more jumps over the Zerker, but I do miss bear traps so I’ll give this build a go and try not to mutilate this awesome strat. Thanks man