The mandibles are all wrong!!!

I’ve never played a mass effect game and never have played a Fallout game either :3
Really hard for me to play other games cuz I’m addicted to Swtor, I got the collectors edition hehe

1 Like

Scar wasn’t the worst looking , the first avp and the predator just looked terrible . Jungle hunter had the best design and ghost was runner up , but even then you could see the design change

Well, when the mandibles are closed you don’t see it and the pred is well camouflaged. I think this is a red/pink pigment, and the mandibles once served a purpose (likely for feeding), but now they remain as means of nonverbal/body communication. It makes sense for a species of hunters to have a silent, but complex form of communication, and given how distinct that flesh area is, it likely helped it stand out to be easier recognized and interpreted.
For the blood to be green, it would need to be copper based along with green pigmentations, and certain biological chemicals do glow in our atmosphere, so that is entirely possible. (Certain animals on earth have green blood, most notably reptiles such as a certain species of lizard/gecko).
I liken preds to a mostly mammal mixed with an amphibian. General body structure is mammal, even down to mammary glands on females, but the amphibious part explains the slick skin (but mixed with mammal skin it helps retain moisture and protect from outside chemicals), as well as thermal/uv vision, cold bloodedness, mandibles, and the presence of predlocks as a pressure sensing organ.

1 Like

Well the joke was you were romancing too many aliens.

1 Like

Ohhh, I see now lol

1 Like

I actually watched this earlier today lol. I knew there was always something wrong with every other pred, nothing horrible but just off. I still disagree with what the creator of the video said on the super predators, I personally like their design but they could have a touch less insect like features as he described.

2 Likes

titan-fall2-robot-fight

1 Like

Yeah. I always thought their faces were way too long, but the spider leg mandibles were definitely a what made them look weird.

I agree with his assessment that the mandibles were there to cover the mouth, but the focus was lost on trying make the mandibles more shocking.

This looks “natural.”

This looks… strange. Can they even close their mouth?

I’ll never be able to unsee the buckling.

3 Likes

Didn’t mind their giant mandibles all that much but their big ol’ chromadome and the fact their facial features are too roundish was kind of off putting.

Edit: I’ll never be able to unsee that giant chin and overbite on the ancient.

2 Likes

image At least their mask designs were awesome.

5 Likes

Super predators looks scary but the basic Predators look badass

2 Likes

How does it even fit under the mask looking like that?
Super Pred mandibles might as well be tentacles

2 Likes

Sadly I think the AvP predators look really bad

1 Like

Why were they so insanely linebacker-wrestler looking

Paul WS Anderson took the sleek hunter design and threw it out the window they don’t even look like they can climb anything. Just tank bullets.

2 Likes

They’re Zerkers :p

5 Likes

I feel like large and bulky is the last thing you want to be when fighting xenomorphs

1 Like

Well also consider it’s they’re base size, they’re not just beefing up to be Xeno hunters.

Unless your talking armor In which case it’s dependent on how easy it is to move in it.

Exactly

At first thought this was transformers…then I wished it was

2 Likes

Teenagers lol