The Matriarch (Class idea)

What about a pred who comes with their own passives, gear, stats, and custom armor makes them a body type instead of a class?

Do you even know what a matriarch is?

Is there only going to be a female pred or what?
A new melee class with matriarchs and patriarchs you mean?

I think she would pair nicely with a spear gun

In Yautja culture Matriarch’s are the counterpart to Clan leaders. They can become clan leaders or even elders. They are widely thought to be on the same level as clan leaders.

Also yes, the intention would be for a female only pred to be a counterpart to the male only Elder

This sounds great, but I wouldn’t hold your breath. Illfonic kinda messed up the idea of the females being bigger and stronger and less weapon reliant than the males more brutish etc. Hashori was like 9 ft tall and a clan leader but going off of hunting grounds it seems like the females are shorter than the males which is a bummer. Cool idea though.

Also remember these clowns have said before they want to eliminate Melee heavy builds or Melee only so i doubt they would implement something to encourage melee if anything it would be the opposite

Okay.

I can still hope. Also yeah Hashori is the largest Yautja to date

it’s a great idea, but I personally would like to see an “ancient” class first because I think a predator with a cape slaugtering fireteams needs to happen!

Elders can have capes too

It would be cheaper to just add a female body and armor to the elder along with capes

The elder is based off the one in AvP so unfortunately we won’t see any cosmetics come out for him

The people (20th Century Studios) who gave illfonic the rights to use Predator in a video game also own the rights to the xenomorph…speculation noises

Would it kill them to make a Xenomorph skull trophy that we could wear on out chests like Dachande 😮

No but for the time being illfonic is focusing on Pred vs humans

I appreciate that we don’t get much predator only content these days so I’m happy as is 🙂

I don’t think this was ever done in predator history but what if a new type of gear was a vile of Xenomorph blood that would splash and cause heavy damage so long as they stood in it?

It could help with glitch/unfair ft hiding spots and just be a neat addition

Glad to see someone else thinks its lame they turned female preds into generic boobs and hips & had the audacity to of course give the female pred the bow and arrow in the trailer because guys break things while girls shoot etc etc tomb raider sells.
Took a cool concept and instead just ended up making females physically weaker & smaller than males, destroys some of predator’s better worldbuilding that had explained why we don’t tend to see female preds running around.

That sounds kinda cool, I mean the yautja bow was never a thing until this game neither was the war club so new weapons are welcome

I mean its natural too lol. Females of most species are the warriors or are larger than the males lionesses do all the work the male protects the pride etc.

At the very least they should have been like 9 ft tall because a thin female predator that is tall is still really cool in my book, ah well.

I feel like incorporating them into hunting grounds took more away from female preds than it gave them lol.
Literally just a smaller predator now, if anything its less to worry about.

Dutch’s tapes would have atleast maintained the mystery until they dropped the big bad egyptian class.

I think they tried to make them sexy and appealing to men, and as a man I don’t get that at all.

Fun thing about the female Dutch encountered, in the book “Stalking Shadows” he says he’s pretty sure she was some kind of royalty, he said she was like way better than any other he encountered, experienced, wiser, etc. Maybe they are gonna show matriarchs for the first time, would be cool if they did that at least.

But yeah they nerfed female preds in lore, im going to ignore it though. I’m just gonna say Hashori was said to be 9 ft and that hasn’t changed, the female preds in hunting grounds are just little people 🙂