The net gun

It has so much more potential as a gear item. Than a weapon. The only time you ever see them use the net gun is to net them and then its gone and they are back to traditional weapons. If it was a gear item much like the launcher then it would be safe to say it would have a smaller capacity like 7-10 with large pouch, and also have a high dps value over time and also rid the game of pc cheaters with macros if they had to either hold square or even better hold square and a random quick time event pops up that if you miss instant kills the netted ft player so that they cant be picked up since they would be in small cubes lol

I would rather hold square, that is an idea I can get behind. Fuck tapping and macros.

Also agree it should be gear. With less ammo.

1 Like

Yeah i would rathwr hold square. Make It a little bit longer than you are picking someone up. I also think that if you had to do it on pinned players that there needs to be a quick time event to free them but if you mess up that player is turned into meat cubes

Extra damage from pinning isn’t something I’m opposed too. Cubing is a bit far just cause it needs to be fun. I think allowing us to escape ourselves is the best way in a game to do it.

1 Like

Okay thats a fair compromise but what about a stealth kill for the net gun where you get cubed? Huh huh meet in the middle so that i can get my laughs for meat cubeing ft players

1 Like

A stealth kill would be a fine compromise, only on pinned players though. 🤣

Needs to be hard but it will be worth it.

PS. The net gun not beIng effective on non pinned targets makes sense, it isn’t designed to work that way. It needs to have the leverage of a solid surface. I see it being a game thing for it to be fun for the Predator that it even ties them up if not landing a pin.

1 Like

I want a bolow for the pred something to trip the ft up

I agree with the the net being broken by Predators melee weapons, seems strange that a FT knife cuts it but it’s immune to katana, elder sword, combi, wristblades and smart disc.

It would be nice if they buffed the damage it causes, because 1hp per second while still and 2hp per second if moving is a joke considering its classes as a weapon.

Then why are pins absolute trash though? Why are pins faster to break out of than someone sprinting around wiggling?

You have to take more time to set up a pin at the perfect angle compared to just spamming nets at 3 people, yet the the end result is garbage

3 Likes

Because the net gun has been modified since launch to be more a tool than a weapon and pins are hard to do. The most recent changes to escape were made but pin hasn’t been modified so currently when pinned you are standing still and it’s easier to escape. The standing still thing was added (Along with a slow) because Pred players were complaining it’s useless. They made it more useful and in the direction it has been used by the player base which is to net and kill.

I’d like it to swing back toward being a tool (gear) for trapping players, divide and conquer style.

Meat cubes!!! Once one players gets turned into cube steaks I think Ft players will start playing smarter when the net gun appears lol

Same opinion. The “pew pew pew net everyone shooting at you” netgun is probably the worst iteration of the weapon in anything ever

I’d be 100% fine with bladed weapons cutting it & lowering ammo count if they make pins not a complete waste of time.

1 Like

Net gun isn’t a weapon

Exactly, so why does it even take a Weapon Slot🤔

2 Likes

It takes up a weapon slot so its not a gear. Thematically it should be dealing more damage anyways.

1 Like

But weapons are supposed to do damage
Netgun needs to be a gear item so we have more room to carry things that kill FT

A hell of a lot more damage. We were cheesing the Daily Challenge yesterday, I was Dutch 87 with OWLF and while netted it was taking 1hp per second, and 2hp if I started moving. Way too low for what it is and how easy it is to break free.

Honestly I’m in the camp netgun should be gear make it an 8 cost gear when u have it u get 7 nets 9 with big pouch
Increase the breakout time by 1 sec or make the net itself be more accurate like harder for it to collide on obj breaking the net mod flight and make it so any blades strike against a non pinned FT brakes the net including the predators weapons this helps make it
a not single out and destroy weapon while letting predators have the choice a different type of cc than just always beartraps

2 Likes

The escape needs to change to a interaction over a mash button since macros are still an issue

2 Likes

I think whoever came up with this idea, was expecting that predators would follow up with wrist blade attacks.