there is an easy fix for -1 lvl if devs care about it

they can do that too just my solution is simpler
i would be happy if they fix it and i dont really care how the will do it

i can see an issue, if a level1 person joins and gets the error -1, your code would grant them MAX LEVEL.
So then they could access a default loadout that has items they have not yet unlocked. like combi stick in a default predator loadout for example.

like some of the loadout slots unlocked at certain levels have equipment attached that are unlocked with level also.

not really . because the maxlvl stays only for the specific game , if they leave the lobby to create the loadout it will reset in their real lvl , exactly how it works now
if you see the -1 value stays until you leave the lobby or game , same will happen with max_level

youre not understanding, they would be able to change to a pre-defined/default loadout in the actual lobby its self, where u select loadouts in lobby, if they have “max level” then they could use loadouts from there (not talking about creating new ones)

pre-made default loadouts that are already there. if you scroll down the loadouts u have not changed ull see that they already have items in them that you wouldnt have unlocked at level1.

i understand but if you check how low lvl accs work , their pre made loadouts are mostly empty (no perks/gears) or just low lvl weapons
low lvl accs dont have premade loadouts with classes they dont own yet*

pre-made / default predator loadout slot 10, has combi stick and katana, full perks and full items.

this would not be available to a level1 person, but your code would make them max level and therfore have access to loadout10 and all those items

does pre-made loadout 10 has combi stick in new acc or only in 150 lvl acc without saves ?

always has it. no matter what level. its just not unlocked till level whatever.
So granting max level would allow its use

then yes

he whole point of what im saying is just, its never as easy as someone thinks from the outside. In an ideal world it would be…

But if it were that simple that they could type 4 words to fix it they would have.

I think the reality is they just have so few programmers, so many bugs, tons of artists and “managment” - and that bug just hasnt been chosen yet to be fixed by the one guy who knows the code in the ‘office’.

but hey i could be wrong and they are just incompetent shits, i dont know fuck all either…

maybe they made it all by just stringing UE4 blueprints together and theres not really any programming to speak of… just joining little nodes together with lines till it works kind-of OK

the specific bug its 100% easy they just dont care about it (or they dont think its important problem)

ps : i am not from “outside” because i am in it field

in the field and knowing how someone else coded their program is totally differnt.

thats the point i made above, that you could have done it X way, and they did it with numbers instead… (thats a joke cuz X isnt a number… never mind, if you have to explain a joke its no longer funny)

There are 100 ways to code the same thing, some very efficient others not so… you cant know everyones code just because ur a programmer. to think that is just dumb man u know that…

thats why i said only in this specific bug and not fom other bugs*
because the specific bug no matter what its not “1 year problem” its 1 day problem at max
they just dont care to fix it thats the worst

if you knew all their code then you wouildnt need access to it and need to recompile it, you could simply type out their entire code here and then tell them how to fix it. but you yourself said you cant do that without access.

i agree its probably easy. but its also probably not priority for the 1 guy that does it.

Usually crashes and bugs that prevent any kind of gameplay or use of the software takes priority over small ,but still annoying bugs.

Its not EA with 1000 programmers.

I bet they literally have 1 guy or 2 at most

very different , if i had access* to their code i would solve it in 5 mins - 1 day

thats the problem , no matter how small the bug it is , 1 year unsolved is to much

i agree