There is hope for City Hunter rework…

I decided I should share this, as I have described this in a different, unrelated post.

When 87 Jungle Hunter came out his mask was way of. It looked bulky and frankly, I did not liked it. Got him from preoreder and everything else was spot on with him so I did not complained. Roughly a month ago or so I have noticed that his mask does not bother me any more. In fact - it looks awesome, exactly like in the movie. I thought I just got used to it. But lately I’ve seen a clip on youtube showing him of from the release day… and now I can see it - his mask was changed. Not a different mesh, still same amount of polygons, but clearly looks different - they must have changed it with one of the patches. I have no doubt that it was reshaped and retextured. If they did this to a preored exclusive than perhaps some changes will be implemented to City Hunter in the future, as he is a paid DLC. Fans have right to expect movie accuracy with paid DLCs and nobody asked for Jungle Hunter’s mask to be more movie accurate – therefore I believe we can have hope.

A small comparisment from release day and today:

And Elder mask (I believe the update was done after elder was released) :

7 Likes

Some people also pointed out how his PC has changed by having it’s red lights removed.

1 Like

You see, not the lights - it was changed all together to a different PC. Here me out - when the game was released, movie accurate 87 PC and wristblades were not ready, so Jungle Hunter had default ones! Yes, same wristblades (with holster!) and PC as regular in game Hunter, Scout or Zerker. Only after the first patch Illfonic updated his model with movie accurate weapons. Now this opens a whole new door - swapping PC and wristblades between classes is technically possible and in game right now! There is a request on forum (made by myself and few others) to give this to us as an customization option. So, for example, if you own Samurai DLC you can select his awesome PC on to Scout class etc.

2 Likes

There have been many tiny changes that weren’t listed anywhere there is definitely hope

1 Like

And secondly buy a console, come to the dark side, ghost of tushima and this game are worth it

2 Likes

I’m considering this actaully XD

1 Like

Kidding aside their seems less actual problems console side at this point, me and many others have made friends and private lobby alternating predator almost daily

1 Like

They were in game but for the first 2 months there was a bug that caused the pc and wb on all classes to revert to default and default gray…

I can pretty much sum up why city hunters mask looks goofy.

First off its curving up makes the amount of mandibles shown terrible looking. It really does need a small filling under to look better.

But beyond that, its about size. Consider that the mask used for city hunter in the film didnt have to account for predators actual “face” because it was removed when in use other than for the reveal scene most likely. So its already gotta be changed to actually account for preds face/head sizes.

But beyond that, to some extent illfonic has to keep consistency between all pred classes and their heads dimensions, because all pred masks can be swapped and vice versa. So even if they managed to make it look like the OG and still fit on city hunter, it almost certainly would break on other preds faces.

Tbh, while there is probably room for a bit of improve ment, its never gonna be like the og because the og is just so out of proportion.

(Also if you look at most city hunter action figures you can see that they look exactly like the in game mask… Because they also have to account for city hunters actual face.)

1 Like

You are correct, the movie accurate mask will not fit a head with mandibles… so remove them when the mask is on. Sooner or later they (Ilfonic) will have to implement that sort of a system, specially if they want to introduced Wolf and Mr Black to the game - their iconic masks are super slim and slick, but mandibles are enormous. Its a simple system to implement - algorithm is: while mask is equipped, body part 01 (01 in this case being mandibles) is render 0 (so still there but not visible). Have a look at my work in Fallout 4:

System is super felexibal and allowes you to put any mask on any pred. On screens above I have mandibles and top of the head removed when mask is on. If this will not happen in P:HG than City Hunter mask will remain ugly as is right now, Wolf mask will look nothing like the original and Mr Black mask will be just a parody of it. Here is a look on how the head looks when mask is on (second from right) :

3 Likes

They are going to have to do something like what you did in Fallout, nice work BTW. Because City Hunters horns clip through 87 and elder masks

1 Like

That is 100 % accurate

1 Like

My theory on script or Predator model for fallout 4 ;-) ?

Tottaly! I had the same issue in fallout so I decided to remove mandibles and top of the head while the mask was on - that way I can have City Hunter, Jungle hunter or any other mask on any pred head I have in Fallout4.

Thanks ;-)

1 Like

Pls send that to illfonic they really need to change his mask !!!

2 Likes

DO IT ILLFONIC!

2 Likes

Just done it, I’ve opened a new thread on Feedback :

1 Like

Ty man i really hope they see this and make it happen,i love predator movies and i would like the preds to be as accurate as possible!! PLEASE ILLFONIC <3

2 Likes

I know that most of the community here wants to change the mask, but I honestly prefer the versions we got, as it really fits the predator, while the movie version clearly doesn’t. It always bothered me, and this new approch is better imo.

No likey the iconic movie version from Predator 2?

😉

1 Like