How to fix City Hunter mask (and all that will come)

@Courier , @IllFonic hello my dear friends at Illfonic! How are we all doing today?! Good? Great, grab a glass of whisky quz we are going hardcore with this one.

We all can see that your commitment to make predators as accurate as possible is amazing, we all see that you also want to be very practical about everything. Gold medal for that! Problem is – it will not work, simply because Stan Winston himself was not 100% practical and had to use trickery and deception to make things work. Thing is – predator masks are usually made specifically for one single pred character in movie, and will fit only his particular head shape, additionally only when mandibles are removed. So actual face masks look like that:

If you want City Hunter mask and especially Wolf and Mr Black masks to look movie accurate and fit all preds in game you will need to do this to your head meshes:

What you see is a simple script that removes portions of the head when a particular gear or armour is equipped – in this case a mask :

When script is not applied :

Presented head meshes are not related to your game, but I’m sure this can be adopted to your meshes. It will allow you to make masks as movie accurate as you want and still be able to fit them on any predator you can imagine. If you will force down the path you are heading right now, masks will be more and more ridiculous and not movie accurate in order for them to fit all preds in game. What’s the point of doing movie character DLC’s if they wont look like the originals?

Do I get a cookie now?

15 Likes

i believe the mask should fit over the head because that mask looks to small. the helmets are relatively large in comparison to there actual head

just sucks that even the games are starting to be as bad as the movies

1 Like

In case @Illfonic still doesn’t know what we’re talking about, insert obligatory comparison photos here:

2 Likes

I know that most of the community here wants to change the mask, but I honestly prefer the versions we got, as it really fits the predator, while the movie version clearly doesn’t. It always bothered me, and this new approch is better imo.

6 Likes

Everone is entilted to their opinion and I respect yours… just die XDDD

2 Likes

Ohh well… I don’t know what I expected xD

1 Like

Wow, not liking the movie version. That’s sacrilege!!! 😉

4 Likes

I’m all aboard this! Please Illfonic! Make your Preds movie accurate!
I’m so disappointed with the current City Hunter release. Not only is the mask totally wrong, but the colour on it and his armour is the default bronze colour. No unique darker colours on him at all, and the bronze colour is also wrong. Even his combi stick colours are wrong. Sorry, with all due respect. But the work on the City Hunter is very sloppy and lazy. Pretty please with sugar on top, correct him and his combi stick!

1 Like

i dont want wolf after this

1 Like

Is Wolf your favorite? If so, I get that. City Hunter is mine and I wish it wasn’t released now as DLC (if this is the finished product).

I hope they make the mask look better:

5 Likes

I mean… can you even look at that beauty without having an orgasm!!!

Just look at those sleek, evil eyes, the design is flawless. As shown above - its possible to have this exact mask in game and make it fit all predators. Its clearly not rocket science if some one like me came up with it.

Can’t blame you… if his mask is going to be a ‘compromise’ just like Ghost’s mask, than no thanks. The soul, the spirit of each predator that we love comes 95% from the look of his mask. That’s the source of it’s character. You can get his body 95-100% accurate, but if you will fuck up the mask than it’s loosing its exotic wildness.

1 Like

2 Likes

No wolf is not… he failed to beat a petty predalien… we know humans would have killed it

And we know why!!! Plot armour…

3 Likes

2 Likes

City Hunter mask is my favorite Predator mask. It looks good in the game but it could be better.

I noticed that using the ”Sage” colour on the mask at least makes it look a bit better than the default bronze one.

Unless it already occurred and I missed it somewhere, I was hoping to hear Illfonic respond in regards to addressing the City Hunter’s mask problems, roar problems, its bugs in general and a possible hotfix for those bugs. But I guess we just wait for August’s DLC at the end of the month and hope it’s piggybacked.

1 Like