Thermal vision, looks so meh

I’ve tested it.

Here is the latest test vid. https://youtu.be/pYbPFaxKgsM

You can see that it flashes and maybe gets bigger when sounds are present but by then I am already in visual range of the fireteam and it seems to be proximity based. the predator’s attack sounds seem to make it “light up” as well. I think it is more of a cosmetic feedback element than a reliable tracking method. There are sound bubbles for that. If you need to be looking at the fireteam and the fireteam making sound for it to do anything then you would just be looking at the sound bubbles… If you have some footage of putting this to use in a different way I would love to see it. i think it just reacts to on screen audio

Agreed. To add I have yet to see a game properly reproduce the properties of glass accurately. Like heat reflection and insulation, but in a game with an alien hunter so I’m not that picky. Realism aside, and yes this is subjective topic I know some people have no issues, I still think it needs the correct coloring, contrast, blur and pixelation noise to have that 87 movie feel.

1 Like

ya totally agree, Its only a nitpick, i only ever think about it on this forum like this. Its just a strange design choice, the sounds are truly on point. the predator design etc is really great. The thermal is just odd the way it was implemented. I can only assume budgetary constraints or time was an issue because the reference material is clearly available and this is not it.

Even without mods the 2010 AVP game has comparable graphics to this (imo better) and a much better look to the heat vision mode.

1 Like

Man did AVP 2010 really look like that…?

It looks ALOT better than this…thats crazy.

Problem i have with this game is how overly saturated it is, and it has no “filter”, its too clean and it doesnt show the terrain at all, very hard to use at times. AVP looks great holy hell…

Yeah I just took that screenshot about 30 mins ago and I think that is from the DX9 version. You can select DX9 or 11, I went with the default to take that SS.

God I love that game. Especially the predator story i would just play it over and over and over because i loved picking people off and stealthily killing them. Good times wish it was on ps4

Shooting bow in thermal is hot garbage

Yeah no, it looks fine and does the job fine too. Wouldn’t want that gross blurry shit making it harder to see, also ghost recon wildlands is a terrible, terrible game and nobody should think anything do with it is even remotely good. It is a total shitfest of a game

1 Like

IR Pic

Wish I could adjust the levels of thermal vision like I can with my infrared camera at work.

I want more visions and the vision mode to be like pred 2